Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I notice with 7720 my battery is dropping fast I suspect it may have to do with 7720 not having whatever "tailoring" that happens per carrier but that is speculation. Might just be some XDA shenanigans as it relates to WP7. But running RTM, I could go all day and into the next before needing to charge but I'm afraid to leave the house. For sure, I'll drop back to RTM and compare notes. Anyone else having battery issues because of this?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    While not using the same phone as yourself, the move from NoDo to 7712 then to 7720 made not a bit of difference for me. Battery lasted no longer or shorther than before with all 3 builds. (Around a day)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    wow, mine is the exact oppisite on my htc hd7, my battery life seems to have doubled, really... this thing use to drink up my battery juice like it was red bull! now i go a full day on heavy use and its still at 30%

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    My Arrive has seen a battery improvement as well since going to 7720. Not sure what may be causing the OP's issues.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any more or less battery on my Arrive sense I made the jump but then again I really haven't been monitoring it. I will pay closer attention for a couple of days and post back. But for sure I haven't experienced any big battery drain.

I'm not sure what could be doing it but I'm back at NODO at the moment. I'll update again to the first RTM and give it a day or so to see if I'm stable. This is weird but I hope to get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: I'm back to 7712 and now the battery seems normal. I'll keep it here for a day or so and maybe I'll try 7720 again.
    Last edited by Techblogger; 08-17-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Hmm hopefully battery life doesn't drop significantly with Mango. I'm expecting a little bit of a drop because of Facebook chat, but not much.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    Hmm hopefully battery life doesn't drop significantly with Mango. I'm expecting a little bit of a drop because of Facebook chat, but not much.
    This is Mango I'm talking about GaMMa. You will most likely be ok even with Facebook.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    This is Mango I'm talking about GaMMa. You will most likely be ok even with Facebook.
    Haha I meant I hope the final carrier version of Mango. Hopefully that's not a battery hog.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    Haha I meant I hope the final carrier version of Mango. Hopefully that's not a battery hog.
    Got cha. I think I'm good. Must have been a glitch in the Matrix. I just wasted about an hour playing this xbox game, Shuriken Ninja, and the battery indicator hardly budged. But I agree. I want this official update to go smooth for everyone.