7720 on Focus sucking battery life

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I really hope the final release fixes how quick by battery is drained. It only lasts about a day now and it's completely dead. My phone is a bit old, but on nodo it lasted ~2 days.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using WP7!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really hope the final release fixes how quick by battery is drained. It only lasts about a day now and it's completely dead. My phone is a bit old, but on nodo it lasted ~2 days.

I wish I got two daya from NoDo. I get close to a day right now. Maybe you are using your phone more.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 2 days! Today I used Mango for the first time and haven't noticed any battery life changes. It still lasts the whole day at college, without needing to charge it. And that's quite an improvement over my previous Nokia.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had iphone 4, several androids, and now this focus. 20 hours is about average, the iphone 4 gets the most battery life by far and android gets the lowest.

Smartphones are designed to be charged once every day, if not charging them at work throughout the day. It's not a featurephone, it will be used constantly for things other than texting and phone calls.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
20 hours... I'm a huge wp7 fan, but that isn't ok on on any platform.

Check out the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon. You'l be lucky to get 6 hours. The Focus is better than a lot of the Android phones out there. Just keep the charger handy.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, the leaked 7720 build doesn't include any manufacturer-specific drivers. So I wouldn't put too much stock into the performance you get out of that build.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue on my HTC Arrive but my battery is great again running 7720 Mango. I can't explain why my battery went bananas the first time I upgraded to 7720 but restoring to NODO then advancing through each update "ON THE SAME COMPUTER" worked.

Where I think I screwed up was I did one update (7712) on my desktop and the second one (7720) my laptop. The update completed ok, but I had really bad battery life. Probably wan't the best idea I've ever had but I needed to know if it would work because, well, I'm a geek like that. So I went for it. Like I said, It did complete but I had problems with my battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers