Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So ive been reading around and im wondering how exactly do you update to the mango beta version, what is there to download and if i do it through zune?

also what are the risks of installing a beta version to my phone, will it tamper with anything when the real deal comes out like app wise?

i know i sound like a noob lol, thanks in advance

I used this guide, it was pretty straight forward just took awhile.

How To Install WP7 Mango Beta Update

Guess the dangers are bricking your phone (not likely but possible). You will also need to revert back to nodo later before you install the official update, so make sure to keep the backup the tool creates safe.

Thanks a bunch for the reply
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mutize23 View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the reply
    And don't panic at the 10 minute wait before the progress bar appears after the red do not unplug symbol appears, and then another 10 minute stop in the middle, it moves eventually.

Good luck mutize23, it's not difficult really, just a little nerve racking when you think nothings happening. ;)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Quote Originally Posted by mutize23 View Post
    So ive been reading around and im wondering how exactly do you update to the mango beta version, what is there to download and if i do it through zune?

also what are the risks of installing a beta version to my phone, will it tamper with anything when the real deal comes out like app wise?

i know i sound like a noob lol, thanks in advance
    If you're smart enough to ask for help, y'aint a dummy!

Yea I figured before I do anything try and get some feedback. This is very exciting I'm going to start the update tonight with my brother, thanks for the support guys
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    This new story has some good links to the RTM 7720 complete with how to's. I used this to update my Arrive to 7720.

http://www.windowscentral.com/breaki...ase-leaked-xda

:ninja: Dave

Thanks ^^

one more question though is it worth it? because ive read once you downgrade back to nodo, you lose all your information on your phone to a clean reset =(, cant afford that !

is it true?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yes, you revert back to your backup that was made during the update. If you want to keep all your data (saved games and the like) then wait until the official update drops.

I literally, JUST updated to Mango tonight.

I'm in college, so I have a student email, and used that to get a free dev account for the time being.

That's a totally different process I guess, but I tried it once and the back up failed. I have a Focus with an Extra 16 GB card, so I went back and deleted all my music.

That's an extra tip. Delete everything you can resync before your back up so the back up takes less time and less chance of a screw up. Why do I need to be backing up my music when I already have it backed up every which way to Tuesday?