Can someone with Mango and access to a Mac test something for me?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
In Mango, you can have custom ringtones. To get the ringtone across, you have to set the genre to "ringtone" in Zune. In Windows Phone connector for Mac, you can't do this as you can't edit any of the information for the music files - but it DOES seem to pull in genre information from iTunes. So can someone with a Mango phone with access to a Mac try amending the genre information for a song in iTunes and transferring it across with WP connector to their phone to see if it'll work as a custom ringtone?

Thanks!

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
In Mango, you can have custom ringtones. To get the ringtone across, you have to set the genre to "ringtone" in Zune. In Windows Phone connector for Mac, you can't do this as you can't edit any of the information for the music files - but it DOES seem to pull in genre information from iTunes. So can someone with a Mango phone with access to a Mac try amending the genre information for a song in iTunes and transferring it across with WP connector to their phone to see if it'll work as a custom ringtone?

Thanks!

I am also a MAC user. Am going to play around w/ this as well. I know making ringtones in itunse is super easy. I used to do it all the time w/ my iphone. One of the few things I actually miss about it.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, we're covered - the new version of the Mac WP7 connector software (the mango-ready release) covers ringtones. Wahey!

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI changing the genre of the song in iTunes to "ringtone" does work. This is how I loaded my ringtones before the new WP Connector came out yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3