How do I questions from an ex WM and WebOS user..

kitenski

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok took the plunge and bought a HTC 7 Pro, first impressions very good, a tad more detail here.

So some, how the heck do I questions....

1. See the % of battery life left?
2. I assume I cannot tap the top bar for quick access to wifi or bluetooth, is that correct?
3. Is there really no Live Messenger client built in?
4. My company enforces a PIN when I sync with exchange, can I tell it not to prompt me every time for that, ie only prompt once an hour?
5. Can I change the background of the home screen from the default black?
6. How do I tell it not to sync contacts from my Windows Live account?

cheers,

Greg

Last edited:

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Some Answers

Not possible til Mango (although I think there is a hack for NoDo)
2. I assume I cannot tap the top bar for quick access to wifi or bluetooth, is that correct?
That is correct and after webOS its frustrating. Best bet for now is to pin the settings app to your homepage
Mango...again
4. My company enforces a PIN when I sync with exchange, can I tell it not to prompt me every time for that, ie only prompt once an hour?
don't know
Don't know
Settings->Email and ACcounts->Tap your live account, there should be a checkbox for 'Contacts'

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok took the plunge and bought a HTC 7 Pro, first impressions very good, a tad more detail here.

So some, how the heck do I questions....

cheers,

Greg

1. no
2. no (mango)
3.no ( Mango )
4. not sure ill ask arround
5. no
6. this is the RIGHT WAY! --> E-mail tile -> Click on the 3 little DOTS --> Setting --> Sync Settings -> you can decide how far back to sync , how often to sync and even Edit your account name!

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I only see one tickbox for Email under Content to synchronise...

Uh-oh. Might be a Mango thing again.

I don't have my phone on me regretfully (can't bring it in to work). It's possible I am misremembering. If nobody else responds, I'll look at when I get to my car and see if it is indeed on Mango.

kitenski

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
6. this is the RIGHT WAY! --> E-mail tile -> Click on the 3 little DOTS --> Setting --> Sync Settings -> you can decide how far back to sync , how often to sync and even Edit your account name!

Same, shows

Content to synchroise

Email

Nothing else there to tick for contacts etc

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
oh **** sorry lol i jumped the gun , thought you where asking HOW to sync your e-mail.. HAHAHAHAHA my bad

ok lets try that again:

6. you cant . LOL. take your contacts out of your e-mail . lol

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

A: In Mango

A: You can change it to white but you can't change it to art or pics. Only the lockscreen can have art or pics.

A: Either edit your contacts on the web and put those you don't want on the phone in a secondary account. Or, delete your current WL ID (Hard reset) and set up a live ID with a different email account (gmail, yahoo, second WL account).

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
With the question about the battery there is an application called Battery Meter but you have to sideload it (eg not from the Zune Marketplace). This can be done if you have a developer account or through a hack using something but can't remember as i have a developer account.
Battery Meter for WP7 shows your percentage left [Homebrew] | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Oh btw if you change the background to White and have a OMOLED screen then it will reduce the battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss