Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    How many times have you had to remove the battery or reset your WP7 ?

Me... NONE. NEVER. ZERO. Had both the Focus and now Trophy. Had a buddy riding in my truck with me for a day.. he pulled the battery on his Droid X at least 3 times in one day.. his comment "Damn that pisses me off" I just chuckled... ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i did it ocne cause a stupid APP froze my dam phone ..
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Not a single time since I got the phone in October. Really. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

No battery pulls for me.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Pre NoDo days I would have to pull every once and a while to get the maketplace back running, but nothing since!

NoDo had some bugs with apps, Zune, and Marketplace not starting unless you rebooted.

Since NoDo, Mango beta 2, Mango Beta 7712, and now Mango RTM 7720, never had any problems.

WP7 as a mobile software is rock solid.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Zero!

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Zero as well
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    hey i just did one!!!!

freaking weird, my phone has been close to DEAD for the last couple dayz , so i left it on the charge over night last night...

i woke up this morning pulled it out and i got the ** Battery critically low msg ** I was like SHIIt my Battery is done...

so i did a battery pull for fun , re-booted my phone and my battery was FULL!!!

WTF!! lol???
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

I had my first fatal error or Mango RTM yesterday. I recieved a phone call while listening to a podcast. Then bam.. It said dumping memory on some wierd ARM developer page like a black screen of death. I just had to restart and it was fine though :)

Besides that I vaguely remember needing to pull out my battery about 6 months ago when it froze.

I heard one credible techie say she had 15 reboots in one day. (Hahahaha, jk, she's NOT credible)
    Last edited by gekkoace; 08-26-2011 at 02:06 PM.

I'm not sure if the timing for this forum thread was because this artical came out on wpcentral or not, but if you haven't seen it:

ZDNet's Matt Miller calls Windows Phone 7 "most stable OS" | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    never with Dell Venue Pro but only got it monday :p

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    So far none, but its only been a week :P

Pre- was about ~10 to 15 times in 2 years. Reboots on the other hand...weekly, sometimes daily :(

Needless to say...yay wp7
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/180046.htm

So far none. But I have had the phone freeze on me thanks to several indie games that weren't very well coded.

I had a drop once that bounced the battery free but pulling it to resolve some issue for anything I happen to be doing? ZERO!!

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I can remember doing 3 battery pulls since I've installed Mango RTM. All of them was because the phone froze on me when I used Smart DJ. I think it has something to do with picking the next song and the internet connection dropping off at times. Wifi isn't that great at our gym, which is where all 3 incidents happened.

None when I was on NoDo, but then again there wasn't a Smart DJ option in NoDo either.
    Last edited by ninjaap; 08-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I've had to do about 5 in a 15 min span. But it was dude to the issue where the phone would start beeping as it if was just being plugged into an AC outlet, and wouldn't stop beeping. I plugged it into Zune and did a sync, and that stopped it. It probably would have fixed it after the first battery pull. Haven't seen the beeping issue since I upgraded to Mango.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

I've not even had an app crash on me. Of course I do not have an abundance of apps on my phone. Only the things I need or find amusing. No games except for the Xbox Live Texas Hold'em game.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I've had to do about 5 in a 15 min span. But it was dude to the issue where the phone would start beeping as it if was just being plugged into an AC outlet, and wouldn't stop beeping. I plugged it into Zune and did a sync, and that stopped it. It probably would have fixed it after the first battery pull. Haven't seen the beeping issue since I upgraded to Mango.
    defective phones dont count ;) lol

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Put me down for ZERO!

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    hey i just did one!!!!

freaking weird, my phone has been close to DEAD for the last couple dayz , so i left it on the charge over night last night...

i woke up this morning pulled it out and i got the ** Battery critically low msg ** I was like SHIIt my Battery is done...

so i did a battery pull for fun , re-booted my phone and my battery was FULL!!!

WTF!! lol???
    I had this issue a few days ago. My phone died on me and I immediately plugged it in. I left it plugged in overnight and saw it was still empty. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it still wouldn't charge. After a battery pull I had 100% battery. Not sure what phone you have, but it might be a firmware bug with the Focus.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    I had this issue a few days ago. My phone died on me and I immediately plugged it in. I left it plugged in overnight and saw it was still empty. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it still wouldn't charge. After a battery pull I had 100% battery. Not sure what phone you have, but it might be a firmware bug with the Focus.
    It happened to my Surround a few times a couple months ago. I called ATT and they replace my battery under warranty. It hasn't done it ever since.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Add me to the never-had-to's. Though, technically, I did pull the battery a couple times to replace it with my TP2 battery when I was low on battery but wanted or needed to head out with my phone.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Never, and I've been using my Focus since December. Does time fly quick!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I've only had my trophy about a month but I've never had to do a battery pull. On my droid it was a regular occurrence.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast