Can you make playlists in Mango? And is this pretty safe?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone really knows if this puts your phone in an un-upgradable state, but even if it does you should be able to roll back to your backup and then get the real update.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe that you won't be able to update straight from this Mango build to your carrier's Mango build.

You'll have to roll back to your backup file.

So if you do decide to try Mango (I just did it this weekend), you're going to want to make sure that you really back up the backup file. I put it on an external hard drive as well as another place on my local drive.

The reason you need to copy that backup file is that if you update Zune at all, it will overwrite your backup file. So you want to be able to copy the backup file back in again.

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
DEFINITELY remember you copy your backup. I updated to mango on my home computer, didn't realize it saved the backup in a hidden file and assumed i had it. updated to mango and voila my backup was GONE. i almost cried. THEn i realized i updated to nodo on my laptop, so i was able to get that backup, go back to prenodo, then update back up to mango. i have my premango state backup in 5 places. honestly.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I made multiple backups, and upgraded. Man what a speed increase! And two apps I had before that were super crashy don't crash anymore. Nice!

I still can't figure out how to do the playlists though, lol. You longpress a song, and it gives you the option to create a playlist, but then you have a playlist with one song in it, and I have yet to figure out how to add more songs to said playlist.

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
as long as your backup is safe, you will be fine.... and lets say hypothetically i was stuck now the mango 7720 RTM, I would not be sad... all the features are there, and everything works as it should on my HTC Trophy(still missing tethering but i dont even own a laptop... and carriers may not turn it on either)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
as long as your backup is safe, you will be fine.... and lets say hypothetically i was stuck now the mango 7720 RTM, I would not be sad... all the features are there, and everything works as it should on my HTC Trophy(still missing tethering but i dont even own a laptop... and carriers may not turn it on either)

Awesome. Where do you get the 7720 RTM? Following the instructions in the link above, I am not sure I have the Mango final. Maybe you actually need a dev unlocked phone for that?

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I did a little digging for you to find the particular forum thread I followed so here it is
[HOWTO] Update from NoDO to Mango since official Zune 4.8 Update - xda-developers

but in general the XDA forums is where you will find all your info... this is one of many threads on the subject of upgrading... if you do not understand a term being used be sure to do plenty of forum search's and googles before you continue, also its worth getting an account there.. the people are helpful but you still need to put forth the effort

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3