When are WP7 Nokia phones being released in US?

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I am seling my Focus on Ebay before all the new Mango phones are announced in Sept. Now I have to use an Android for a couple weeks, and so far it sucks! I have been trying to figure out how to root it, but so far I don't like the Android forum users near as much... I keep seeing quotes like this: "Good luck and read the Effen Manual! If you come to an issue, search first then ask your question if you're not able to find a clear concise answer."

I am crossing my fingers Nokia won't take forever to release their phones in the US. Is there any idea of a date yet for Nokia to sell a WP in the states?

Last edited:

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
While we have no official release dates, it's widely believed that the first Nokia Wp7 devices will be dropping early 2012.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe that the first batch of Nokia devices are shipping in the 4th quarter of this year. Though I don't know if any will make it to the US. But I imagine that we'll see at least one model. Hopefully on all carriers. The bulk of their new devices are coming out next year.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nokia World is October 26. Hopefully they will give us more info then.

I have my doubts whether we will see any Nokia WP7 phones this year in the USA, though. They've said they're hoping to have one WP7 device out this year. The thing is, that device is almost certainly the Sea Ray. And supposedly the Sea Ray will not be released in the USA.

EDIT: I should add, there's still hope that Nokia might sell the Sea Ray online unlocked, like they do with most of their phones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be compatible with T-Mobile.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I would think if Nokia sells an unlocked GSM windows phone before Christmas it would be a quad band like the N8. My wife and I both have N8's. I have AT&T as a carrier and she has T-Mobile as her carrier and they both get 3G.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Dang, I don't think I can last very ling using this Android as my only phone. I might just pull the trigger and get an HTC or Samsung since they will probably come sooner. Sigh...

I've had 3 forced app closes just this afternoon.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would think if Nokia sells an unlocked GSM windows phone before Christmas it would be a quad band like the N8. My wife and I both have N8's. I have AT&T as a carrier and she has T-Mobile as her carrier and they both get 3G.

Actually the N8 is a pentaband, meaning it works with any GSM and WCDMA network in the world. If I recall correctly, Nokia was a pioneer with those pentaband radios.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Actually the N8 is a pentaband, meaning it works with any GSM and WCDMA network in the world. If I recall correctly, they Nokia was a pioneer with those pentaband radios.

Thanks for the correction, I didn't realize it supported 5 bands. I thought it was just a quadband.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I would be quite disappointed if there isn't at least one Nokia phone out at the Thanksgiving/Christmas time period

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99