People hub Facebook question...

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried looking for this via the search function, but wasn't coming up w/ anything. Sorry if this has indeed been asked before. When I first got my WP7 a few months ago, I opted to not synch my FB contacts as it synched EVERY contact. I only want to synch the contacts I have in my phone. Not some random person I went to grade school w/ or an organization that may have a profile. Is there any way to pick and choose who I can synch?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can filter your facebook contacts in the pople hub bomitoni.

Go to the pople hub, then what's new, click the 3 dots at the bottom, then settings.

Tick only show posts from people in my contact list. Hope that's what you meant. :)

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You can filter your facebook contacts in the pople hub bomitoni.

Go to the pople hub, then what's new, click the 3 dots at the bottom, then settings.

Tick only show posts from people in my contact list. Hope that's what you meant. :)

I am testing it out right now. I'll let you know if I'm still having problems. Thank you!

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It worked! Thank you!!! Just need to make sure I have people's name's entered the same as they appear on Facebook and I should be all good to go :)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It worked! Thank you!!! Just need to make sure I have people's name's entered the same as they appear on Facebook and I should be all good to go :)

I think Mango further tackles that issue by letting you assign group folders and things of that nature so you can filter even more. *shudders @ the thought of having to spell somebody's facebook name (James Ain'tMessingWithUNoMore Williams for example) to match my contact list*

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah that's good bomitoni. Hope you get it fixed up ok. :)

I've fallen in love w/ my phone all over again after doing this! I was having iphone withdrawals. But not anymore!

And to the person above who has friends who like to use odd names on Facebook you can manually link their facebook profile. That's what I did for mine.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've fallen in love w/ my phone all over again after doing this! I was having iphone withdrawals. But not anymore!

And to the person above who has friends who like to use odd names on Facebook you can manually link their facebook profile. That's what I did for mine.
Ahh faberoonie, glad you got there in the end bomitoni. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb