Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlobDude

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Entire families where at my work today with Samsung Focus on hand...it was beautiful.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Hmm. Maybe clearing stock for mango devices?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Wahoo! Can't go wrong with a focus. even with the older specs the IS stool runs great. Hopefully some of the nw focus users will end up here in the forums.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,518 Global Posts
    AT&T site shows the Focus at $49.99 with a 2 year contract and $15 data plan for 200MB a month.

Maybe something special is happening locally by you.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Probably, it's some kind of 50+ bucks data plan with a free samsung focus. It's a pretty good deal.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I picked mine up on Friday August 26th, I reseached on At&t's site and it did say 49 dollars, when I got to the store, I was pleasantly suprised to see that it was no charge with a plan. Sold.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Got my wife a Focus from amazon last week for a penny. If I knew it was free at the store I would've bought there! Could've saved myself a penny! :D

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    The Focus really is an awesome phone. I can't wait to see what the next version is like.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

I wish I could trust AT&T to not drop my phone calls. They get all the bomb WP7 phones but they drop calls like pigeons drop **** on a statue. But this was a few years ago and maybe they've improved.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Meh I wish I have AT&T. I just don't like their plans but my carrier is garbage, my phone is useless most of the time because I don't have 3G.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    in winterfangs words " that phone is crap anyway, they need to get rid of it"

not really, but im still venting
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I am not entirely surprise. AT&T will be carrying the HTC Titan and the Samsung SGH-i937 so it's likely cleaning out inventory.
    Last edited by illegaloperation; 09-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Best Buy has had the focus for free for a long time. No activation fees either.

I look forward to when all the launch handsets are available free with a contract renewal or new contract. That is one thing that helped Android gain ground.

People walked in wanting a "Droid phone" and walked out with a free An-"droid" phone.

PIN
    No
    I saw the Focus free in Target yesterday...I think they're just clearing stock...

Could this be an indication a new Samsung Mango phone is on the way? Or maybe an indication Samsung is getting out of WP7 altogether?
    Last edited by Rhody; 09-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I hope so, everyone was very excited with their new phones.

I've never had any problems with AT&T dropping calls. The only people I've known to have this problem have been iPhone users. I think I've dropped one call in the entire two years I've had AT&T service, which happened a couple times in the three years I had Virgin Mobile, so...I'm totally okay with that.
    xpxp2002 likes this.

AT&T is selling the Focus Surround and Quantum for free in CORPORATE stores in CT for sure. I would know... i work there :P

2 year commitment and minimum $15 Data Plus plan required though
    Last edited by dtorr1188; 09-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.

If you checked into an AT&T corporate store on Foursquare over the last few months, they were offering the Samsung Focus for free.

Just picked one up this weekend. Been waiting on new devices (My Zune crapped out last month) but couldn't pass up the free price. Loving it much better than my Iphone and lowered my monthly bill $10.