Hay guys I want a WP7, but I have some questions

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hay guys,
So heres my questions for you guys. I want the dell venue pro so badly, but from what Im reading there still the possibilty that WP7 will fail, I thought the OS was past that point. Im a die hard windows fan, Im a computer gamer big time. So obvesusly I want to stick with what I'm loyal to. But I dont want to get a WP7 and then see the whole OS go under. What is the word on that front, is the OS failing, holding its own, or doing good? Im comming from the tilt 2 witch I hate with a passion, it freeze all the time, its a piece of crap to say the list. But from what I hear WP7 is really amazing and stable, these are things Im hearing from unbius reviewers on the net. I know iphone is the best, but I dont want one. I want a keyboard, a windows phone. Seems like everyone has got it out for windows phone 7 for some reason, they just want it to fail so bad. Why?? Now Im not a power user on my phone, Im not really planning to get it and game on it, allthought if WP7 got the DOOM games I would, and hopefully some mame one day, I use my phone to make call and texts, I dont really have that much internet useage on my crappy phone but I would like to chang that with my next phone so I want watch youtube at the gym and stuff, maps, get wed info, ext. I was under the inpreshion the WP7 is doing good, it looks amazing. Are people buying it, are more apps comming at a good speed? Are the phone makers into it? Any info guys I would really be greatfull for, I been checking this site daying for years and I want to see WP7 but up there competing agianst adroid, we all know apple is the flg runner for smartphones but not for me I need a non touch screen key board. I love the dell Venue pro so much, it looks so damn good, and even with all the problems it had, its still possibly the best WP7. What do you guys think? I really dont wont to look like a horses *** 2 times in a row for going with a windows phone, I would rather not get a iphone or droid but I dont want to see WP7 fail after I get it, thanks for reading this and comments guys.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
A) Windows Phone has the fastest growing app store ever.
B) Windows Phone is on more & more phones everyday and this will only get better with Mango.
C) Do yourself a favor and get one. Either hold out a few more weeks to see what's coming or buy a DVP on the cheap off contract. Either way you can't go wrong.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I really don't know how anyone credible can still predict that Windows Phone will fail. It may either just be fear, or the desire to try to drive traffic to their website.

One of the most powerful handset makers in the world (Nokia) made a full commitment to WP. That is the only OS their smartphones will carry. It's not as if they were just rolling the dice and hoping to get lucky.

Look at the Windows 8 touch UI. It looks very similar to the Windows Phone UI.

The XBOX UI is slowly being updated to be more and more tile-based to match Windows Phone and Windows 8.

This isn't something that Microsoft is merely flirting with. They are going all-in. This isn't just Windows Phone to them. This is an entire ecosystem that will connect with each other.

So, you don't really have to worry about Windows Phone failing any time soon. That doesn't mean that it will be a guaranteed market success soon. But the commitment is there by Microsoft so that if it takes 5 years to reach commercial success, they'll stick it out.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok Iv heard enoff good things from you guys. Im gonna get it, try and order it tomorrow. I cant wait for this phone it looks so amazing. Gotta make the live tiles red so it looks like the PDA from DOOM3.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea Microsoft is here to stay. They see the PC market shrinking and see phones and tablets as the future. I don't think they can have WP7 fail. You'll really like WP7, it's the best phone OS I've ever used.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Eh. This is one of the reasons why I hate how much the internet has influenced us this day and age. No offense to the OP, but blogs and constant negative feedbacks are swaying the general (internet) public into what they should buy whether it's cars, music, phones, etc. The abuse of words like "FAIL" and the quick write offs are nothing short of people being brainwashed by negative opinions. Before then, IMO, people thought for themselves slightly more than they do now

To answer the question, whether not the OS is going to be afloat years from now, you should look into what works for you at this moment. Things you should look into are: Things you want out of a phone, online community for support on things you need help with and to look for new things to try out, and to figure out for yourself if this is a phone you can keep for quite awhile. Before I bought my HD7, I watched A LOT of video reviews of the OS in general (since last year) to see how it operated. I also read a lot of personal reviews from consumers to see how they've adjusted to it in their daily use and since I had Zune before WP7, I frequently checked out their applications. What made me ultimately decide was the talk about Mango.

Reactions: ikkf

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys, just orderd my DVP :D! I cant wait, so happy that I just brought a windows phone and they are going to see that more people are buying WP7 FTW!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I believe that WP is here for the long haul! The Dell Venue Pro was on sale in UK os someplace in Europe I believe for about half price and they sold out in 90 minutes. I think that was on WMPoweruser.com

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
...I know iphone is the best...

Not necessarily. There are multiple previous iphone users that have dropped the iphone for WP7. Personally, I could care less about Apple.

I just came over from webOS. I love webOS, but the lack of a hardware future pushed me here. Microsoft is putting their weight into WP7. You're not going to see it fail, like HP did with the Pre.

I think you will be safe with WP7. I recommend you look up the Windows Phone Radio and the Zune Insider podcasts. These podcasts are recorded by Microsoft employees directly involved in Zune development and WP7 development.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea soory to hear about webOS, hope they join WP7. Sadly it just seems like a small OS system like that would not be able to compete with google and iphone. They're are simply to many people who will try and make them fail, like WP7 sad about iphone and google trying to do to them. I dont know why people hate other OS's so much, I mean windows 6.5 would of been amazing if it worked I will say but people just auto-hate WP7 with out even knowing about it becuase people on the net wrtie huge debate of all the bad things :( = :mad: = :mad:| . Ill let you all know how things are going when I get it soon.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok boys I got the phone and to put it short its amazing. But I having a problems with it, I cant buy apps, called AT&T they sed it was a dell thing, called dell they sed the phone was fine and that its a connection thing and to call AT&T again witch I'm going to.

Review of the phone it self, ****ing stupid amazing. The phone it self looks so amaizng in person. Runs so smoth and fast, EXTREAMLY reasponsive, as good as the iphone. I give the phone a 9.8 out of 10. The only thing I would like the see on it is a side slider keyboard on a future version of the phone. I got all my music on it, zune is amaizng. Windows phone 7 is amaizng, so amzing, the interface is so apelling to me with the nice annamations and colors on the gorgous 4.1 amoled screen. Even with knowledge of the next generation WP7 hand sets comming out Im still happy i got the dell venue pro. There no other phone Id rather have as of now. It is so fast and reasponive its very hard to belive that its a phone. It feels so amazing in the hand I love it, and it looks orgasmic. Really easy to figur it out and play around with it and costumize. Just a amzing phone they reviews were not lying when they sed how amaizng this phone was. I mean even the touch screen is amazing and so easy to use with my big shacky hands.

Even thought Im having trouble with mine and buying apps I'm still going to stick with this phone even if I gotta exchang mine for anuther, allthough I know its a ishue that AT&T will probily be amazing to fix in the next day of two hopefully.

As for the OS it self, yea after getting my hands on it and playing with it, its very easy to see that there is no stopping WP7, there just no way its to good. Im not even worried about that OS not making it now becuase theres no way that could happen. Only if apple and andiod pay all they're money to make it fail witch I dont think is going to happen. Besides it seems like andiod is trying to stop WP7 and not having any luck.

I would like to say thank you for all your help guys I really payed off. I just gotta get that app ishue fixed. But the phone is amazing and the OS is amazing. Im hopping in about one year we get to see alot more WP7 hand sets to choose from like andiod has. The games on WP7 are really good some of them, and I read the DOOM and other games are in the works for it. It seems like alot of big time game developers and companys are really into the OS, from classic arcade games to X-box live and 3 party emulators.

But if any of you had a simular problem with the apps any info would be appreshated. I get this erorre msg everything "We cant connect to marketplace right now. Check your data connection or try again later." dell sed it is something to do with my phone internet provider (AT&T). But besides that and the somewhat short battery life the phone is amzing.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Review of the phone it self, ****ing stupid amazing. The phone it self looks so amaizng in person. Runs so smoth and fast, EXTREAMLY reasponsive, as good as the iphone. I give the phone a 9.8 out of 10. The only thing I would like the see on it is a side slider keyboard on a future version of the phone. I got all my music on it, zune is amaizng. Windows phone 7 is amaizng, so amzing, the interface is so apelling to me with the nice annamations and colors on the gorgous 4.1 amoled screen. Even with knowledge of the next generation WP7 hand sets comming out Im still happy i got the dell venue pro. There no other phone Id rather have as of now. It is so fast and reasponive its very hard to belive that its a phone. It feels so amazing in the hand I love it, and it looks orgasmic. Really easy to figur it out and play around with it and costumize. Just a amzing phone they reviews were not lying when they sed how amaizng this phone was. I mean even the touch screen is amazing and so easy to use with my big shacky hands.

But if any of you had a simular problem with the apps any info would be appreshated. I get this erorre msg everything "We cant connect to marketplace right now. Check your data connection or try again later." dell sed it is something to do with my phone internet provider (AT&T). But besides that and the somewhat short battery life the phone is amzing.

So you like it then? :)

Anyway to your issue. That message sounds like a generic message when the MP is down but no reports of that today. Do you have a card associated with your Zune account? Have you tried buying apps via the desktop software itself or just tried on the phone? Also try downloading some free apps and see what happens, that will be a good test of any MP problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre