Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which of these options are most appealing to you?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • High-quality Camera

    27 64.29%
  • DLNA Support

    2 4.76%
  • NFC

    3 7.14%
  • Front-facing Camera

    6 14.29%
  • Other - Please share below

    4 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Judge_Daniel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    713 Posts
       #1  
    I was just wondering how important specific auxiliary functions are important to you, as a smart phone owner? Things like DLNA, highest quality camera, NFC, etc... Which would you like to the see the most in your next phone and which can you live without? These, of course, will be different from person to person, so I don't expect any unanimity.
    Last edited by Judge_Daniel; 09-14-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Edit title
    palandri likes this.
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    #2  
    A crappy camera is a deal breaker for me.
  3. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,054 Posts
    #3  
    I like a good camera but I checked FFC. Not that I think I'll use it much but its one of those nice to have options. What I think is most important is turn by turn directions. I don't think I dig touching the screen to move forward much. Luckily Sprint offers Telenav.
  4. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,278 Posts
    #4  
    I picked FFC, but was torn with that and high quality camera.

    But went with FFC because it adds additional functionality. It makes it much easier to take self-portraits with friends instead of guessing and hoping that you're all in the camera view.
  5. Judge_Daniel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    713 Posts
       #5  
    How would you all rate the importance of the other features?
  6. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #6  
    None of those are important to me at all with respect to phone features. If I had to choose one, I'd lean toward NFC as this is something I can see being semi useful down the line.
  7. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #7  
    FFC I suppose. Not saying WP7 owners have the highest quality devices, but the standards for the cameras are above average for OEM's. I really don't have a use for FFC's right now being that NO ONE I talk to uses it/has one
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  8. jimmy1one's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    #8  
    I'd have to go with DLNA with NFC being the second choice. I'm interested in more advanced functions and integration allowing us to move quickly toward synergy. The camera issue is really not an issue of availability but a cost factor
    What's the sense in having a dog if you have to bark?
    hit me up on twitter
  9. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    A crappy camera is a deal breaker for me.
    then buy a camera LOL
    ive said it before and ill say it again!! ..
    NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....



    i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

    Judge_Daniel likes this.
  10. JPDVM2014's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    306 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol
    +1 This. I voted for high-quality camera. It is nice to be able to take decent pictures without having to lug my camera everywhere. I miss IR/RF so much since my WinMo days, though.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
  11. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,992 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    then buy a camera LOL
    ive said it before and ill say it again!! ..
    NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....



    i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol
    Nokia N8 would beg to differ.
  12. wolf1891's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    354 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    then buy a camera LOL
    ive said it before and ill say it again!! ..
    NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....

    okay, so then stop saying it. because, like it or not, there are plenty of us out there who would like to be able to take a halfway decent pic occasionally without having to always be carrying around a bunch of high end camera gear. If the mfr's don't intend for us to be able to take pics with our phones then stop putting cameras in them and stop advertising the he!! out of the fact that they put a 5MP camera in this phone or an 8MP camera in that phone.

    Just because YOU don't care about the quality of the camera in YOUR phone doesn't mean the rest of us have to make do with the crap that passes for cameras in most smartphones these days.
  13. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    #13  
    The camera is the one thing that puts me off my HD7. It's awful.

    Looking forward to seeing what Nokia's WP7 has to offer; they've always had decent cameras.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
  14. psychotron's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #14  
    For me a smartphone is primarily an information hub, so NFC is probably the feature that would influence me most. A high quality camera is very nice to have, but from a practical standpoint does it make my life easier and more convenient? Not so much.
  15. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf1891 View Post
    okay, so then stop saying it. because, like it or not, there are plenty of us out there who would like to be able to take a halfway decent pic occasionally without having to always be carrying around a bunch of high end camera gear. If the mfr's don't intend for us to be able to take pics with our phones then stop putting cameras in them and stop advertising the he!! out of the fact that they put a 5MP camera in this phone or an 8MP camera in that phone.

    Just because YOU don't care about the quality of the camera in YOUR phone doesn't mean the rest of us have to make do with the crap that passes for cameras in most smartphones these days.

    your right i DONT care about the already AMAZING camera in my phone right now....... **** i take HD pics with my phones. 3 years ago you had to pay 500$+ just to have a HD camera

    now we have it in cell phones and people STILL complain about the camera.....

    you says you would like to take a decent pic.. then pick up your phone and click away budy!!

    the camera quality is already 100% better then what it was 1 year ago ... i just dont understand why you say you need a better camera when ist already REALLY good for what it is.......

    while your at it ... you can complain that: we dont have space shuttles to carry us to mars...


    Realistically speaking.....
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 09-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  16. Jake_M's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    #16  
    I mean I'd like a nice camera to just be able to take pictures and not be embarrassed to show the picture because it sucks. It's not what I look for when I buy. I just kind of 'expect' it to be decent.

    I don't really have any auxiliary standards, however I would be interested to see the future go into NFC capabilities. QRcodes are cool, but they take time and most of the apps suck. NFC takes it to a whole new level and it's neat.
    My apps are on JMTK Application Development
    [Guide] How to completely switch from Gmail to Outlook.com
    Nextel phones > Sanyo Katana Eclipse X > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive > HTC Trophy
  17. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #17  
    i just took a pick with my FOCUS and with my buds Iphone 4 ( at work ) ... and if you feel embarrassed about showing that off..... let me tell you there wasnt a UGE diffrents ... personally i dint see much.... sorta like the one on my focus more.


    have you guys played with the setting at all? the defaults settign suck...

    and i know this ont he focus i dunno abotu other WP7 ... but your settign dont save.. you ahve to redo it every time..
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  18. UpTownDC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #18  
    I just want my phone to WORK!!! All the other stuff is icing on the cake!! No lockups or lagging...just work correctly!! And that's what I get from my WP7!! It just works.
  19. Rico's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #19  
    I want an OEM to make a real cameraphone for photoenthusiasts, not some glorified point and shoot. I'm tired of the "my phone replaced my camera" comments. The only reason it's true for me is because my phone is good enough for most situations. Not great in any respect other than convenience. Nokia's the only one likely to do it as they've put emphasis on great image capture in their devices over the years.
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

    I'm on the Twitters.
  20. jesdt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #20  
    I want Wifi Tethering in my phones.

    Se1fcr3ation, you mentioned your point of view once already about the camera, no need to drag this on like you do. If you are happy with the phone camera quality, fine. The phone camera cannot hold against my compact camera, which I'm carrying around right now most of the days. Awfully slow, horrible performance in difficult lighting.
    Thanked by:
    wolf1891 likes this.
  21. Clow's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #21  
    I say camera..none of the other stuff matters for me. But I am mostly satisfied with my trophy camera especially with the new auto fix in mango
  22. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesdt View Post
    I want Wifi Tethering in my phones.

    Se1fcr3ation, you mentioned your point of view once already about the camera, no need to drag this on like you do. If you are happy with the phone camera quality, fine. The phone camera cannot hold against my compact camera, which I'm carrying around right now most of the days. Awfully slow, horrible performance in difficult lighting.
    i just replyed to a post that was adressed to me..... just like im doing now ....

    and i know phone cameras cant compare to actual cameras , thats what ive been saying ..

    calm down little boy...
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  23. jesdt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #23  
    Sorry, but, concerning cameras, it doesn't seem that you have any idea what you are talking about.
  24. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesdt View Post
    Sorry, but, concerning cameras, it doesn't seem that you have any idea what you are talking about.

    lol ok.. sorry i dint go to camera school... lmao,...

    why are you draging this on , you alredy gave your opignion .. lol..haha
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  25. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    #25  
    Notifications is the most important to me. When can't they get this right. Just add the ability to swipe right to get to a notification screen. It isn't being used right now anyway.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions