Be back soon (I hope)

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
My 30 days is about up and regretfully I've decided to return my HTC Arrive. I am going to pickup an HTC Evo 3D for the next ~30 days. I don't expect I'll keep it, rather I am trying to kill time until a new WP7 device comes out.

The smallish screen, lousy keyboard integration, medicore camera and no blinking notification light for notifications are more than I want to deal with for the next 2 years. So, my fingers are crossed for a 4+ inch slab to come to sprint soon.

If this 30 days comes to an end with no new device, I may consider leaving Sprint, even though it would cost me more. Their phone selection is just crap.

I'll definitely still be around on these boards. As far as I am concerned, Microsoft is where I am staying (especially with the Windows 8 preview). I really like where they are going for full-on integration.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hope to see you back on Windows Phone soon! Things really picked up here when you and the other webOS refugees showed up.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Sprint gets a good WP7 device. There is still a strong possibility of that Omnia 7 refresh coming to Sprint. And, while HTC hasn't announced anything for the CDMA carriers yet, they usually support all 4 major carriers in the USA. I'd be surprised if they don't come out with something.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is definitely a love-hate relationship right now. Although I really like the Arrive I want a Titan size screen. There's no way I'm moving to ATT so Tmobile is my last hope.

Just for sh*tsngiggles I fired off an email to the generic Dan Hesse account at Sprint asking where the "many" promised WP7 phones are at that they tweeted were coming back in Q1. Probably won't say much but at least they are getting inquiries on WP7 devices.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger last night. I will write-up an arrive to evo 3d comparrison after I've had some time with it. First impressions are as such:
The stock keyboard on the evo SUCKS TOTALL MONKEY SACK!!!! I miss the wp7 keyboard in a million billion ways. I am going to try some other kbs soon

Evo 3d (just evo from here on out) is quick. It's relatively smooth most of the time. But it lacks that otherworldly smoothness of WP7.

Wholly apps batman. There are a trillion of them. I like the app store better too. I felt like I could never find anything on the WP7.

Evo edges out WP7 on voice capabilities. It's more integrated and slightly more accurate

I miss Metro. I keep trying to swipe side to side for stuff, instead I have to search for buttons or hit that stupid context menu

It's still a novelty I am sure, but I like live wallpapers.

Evo crushes the lock screen of WP7 in just about every way.

Free Tethering!!! - Just in time for vacation

PANDORA - god I missed it

That's about all I have for now. I'll report back later after I've had some burn in time.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm gone for a while but for entirely different reasons. I'm at the stage of life that my eyes have a problem with the small fonts on the Trophy. I sold my beloved Trophy and went back to my old Droid X until Verizon get's one of the larger screen WP7 phones. Mind you, with Verizon's record for introducing new WP 7 phones, I may die of old age but I hope not. I'll continue to lurk until HTC, Sammy or Nokia come out with a 4.3" or larger screen.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm gone for a while but for entirely different reasons. I'm at the stage of life that my eyes have a problem with the small fonts on the Trophy. I sold my beloved Trophy and went back to my old Droid X until Verizon get's one of the larger screen WP7 phones. Mind you, with Verizon's record for introducing new WP 7 phones, I may die of old age but I hope not. I'll continue to lurk until HTC, Sammy or Nokia come out with a 4.3" or larger screen.

It's really bothering me that Verizon only has one WP7 phone and it's not a great one, either. I don't have high hopes for them getting one that I really want. It's odd since Verizon is so huge. They seem to care the least about WP7. Oh well, we can hope anyway.

Last edited:

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm dissapointed to see people leaving wp7, and I will say that android is a massive gaggle of problems and malware/spyware. Not to mention lag, inconsistency and bad battery life due to memory leaks and such from poorly coded apps that plague the market...sorry for the rant but I have been though it and will never go back.

Reactions: ikkf

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's really bothering me that Verizon only has one WP7 phone and it's not a great one, either. I don't have high hopes for them getting one that I really want. It's odd since Verizon is so huge. They seem to care the least about WP7. Oh well, we can hope anyway.

Verizon hates phones that they can't totally control and load up with bloatware. It's why they turned down the iPhone in 07. Nyquist, Sprint is changing their trial period from 30 to 14 days, keep an eye out for the change.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Verizon refugee myself. I toughing it out with an out of contract BlackBerry after my 14 day period with the Trophy. Even though it wasn't the best of the WP7 phones, I hated giving it up. I have my fingers crossed that Verizon will have some other options when Mango comes out. Maybe all the talk of the Windows 8 interface works in tandem with the WP7 interface will coerce Verizon into taking action on the WP7 front.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to see all the complaints about Android u'll have, Pandora isn't going to be worth it im going to tell u that much.the screen isn't small at all and people with the iPhone aren't complaining and neither are those who have the droid 1,hero and G1. can't stand when people pick an android over a wp7! so down vote u get.

I'm right there with u...android is a complete mess that's still in alpha stage.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers