Further proof iOS sucks

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
So, tonight I'm cruising around the WPCentral forums using Tapatalk on my iphone (the emergency phone/ipod touch now after its kicking to the curb) whilst my Focus was charging, and I clicked on an article.

Well, low and behold, I wanted to give Steve an atomic wedgie in his stupid ripped jeans up to his black turtleneck because when I wanted to go back to WPCentral forums I had to get out of the browser and go back into the Tapatalk app instead of having the convenience of the back arrow function.

I thought to myself "this is why your OS sucks Esteban, it is annoying as **** to have to app jump after the ease of WP7's functionality. I'm even more glad we broke up. Besides, you were always a horrible spooner anyway."

Further validation for getting out of the Apple orchard for the Mango harvest this week!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ikkf

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the bland pages of icons. I mean, I'm a minimalist when it comes to icons on my desktop for my computer, and I like how things are sorted on WP7, so just looking at that cluttered mess makes me sick.

That and I hate Apple with a passion. Not a big fan of clunky Android either.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Let's be fair here - the iOS way to do that would be double tap the home button and pick Tapatalk from the list of backgrounded apps. You COULD go exit browser > main screen > click on Tapatalk, but then when I've let people use my WP7 phone they've thought (quite reasonably) that the back button only goes back in the app you're in, so to change back to something they've gone windows button > start screen > relaunch app.

Each system has its own quirks. Though at least both WP7 and iOS are consistent - the fact that the back and menu buttons produce inconsistent results with Android depending on the app is one of my biggest bugbears with it.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Each system has its own quirks. Though at least both WP7 and iOS are consistent - the fact that the back and menu buttons produce inconsistent results with Android depending on the app is one of my biggest bugbears with it.

The back button on android is consistent for me.

Though I was going to say I have the same complaint about ios. So nice having a back button.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Pronk gave the proper way to do it on an iPhone. I really like a back button. When I was on Android and played with an iPhone it threw me for a loop trying to go back. I think WP7 does a better job with the back button than andrid though.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
In my biased opinion, the webOS gesture area was the most consistant "back" experience of all mobile devices. It worked in the same manner in every app and in every instance. Shame webOS 3 kicked it to the curb.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yup your right I wouldn't know...Why? Because I have never owned an apple product of any kind that's why.

;) Dave

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Funny I felt the back button on androcrap was the only consistent thing it ever had. I hate giving even the slightest compliment to that trash os though!

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Even though iOS has no back button i would still pick it any day over an android POS. I definately learnt my lesson when i baight an android phone, will never touch one again.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think IOS is that bad. It is very polished. I prefer WP7, but I can't say much negative about the iPhone. If it wasn't for this trophy I would be an Apple man right now.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Screen size is the only real negative I have about iOS. I have more for WP7 and an endless amount for Android. However, I do prefer WP7 to both.

The announcement of the Focus S really has my mouth watering again! I have a Photon, had the EVO 3D and will have the Galaxy S II soon and really enjoy the larger screen.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's one reason I got rid of my iPhone 4. the screen was just too small. A 4.3" iPhone would be nice.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in with WP7 for one more year, then it's off to something new. I just like to change up. After the Titan, I'm done.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in with WP7 for one more year, then it's off to something new. I just like to change up. After the Titan, I'm done.

Wtf! Hold the phone. You're on TL? It has been irking me that I've seen your name/photo before, but didn't know from where. Lmao!

<romeo

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha. **** yeah! I've been slacking at work with those people since the BP days.
Wtf! Hold the phone. You're on TL? It has been irking me that I've seen your name/photo before, but didn't know from where. Lmao!

<romeo

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha. **** yeah! I've been slacking at work with those people since the BP days.

I'm around from time to time... I didn't really put it together because you would use your captivate to post on TL. Then I saw the gamertag and was like... hold up, I seen that before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss