It's September 15th - Mango Day!

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone i thought i would join in the waiting list to lol... im new here but been reading on here for a good 6 months finally stuck my head around the corner lol..

Mango FTW!

Welcome, welcome to the fold Outlaw! Any chance you brought some Mango news with you????

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, as I'm also waiting patiently, but am not 'holding my breath' for a launch today...
I'm sure that we all review all the various WP7 blogs/forums....lol

This comes from the WP7 Dev Blog:

Matt Bencke
38 Posts
@StevieBallz - we are working directly with our OEM and Mobile Operator to rollout Mango in a timely and efficient manner. As we announced late in August, we've already initiated rolling out Mango in Japan with HW from our OEM Partner KDDI. Also announced this week, HTC and Samsung announced new Mango phones coming to AT&T - allthingsd.com/.../att-takes-another-bite-of-windows-phone-adding-three-mango-devices-to-lineup. With any big launch, you want to have a big marketing push that coincides with your product launch, so divulging exact dates, takes away from our market impact, thus the vagueness of release dates. As I stated above, "The time to get your Mango apps into Marketplace is now." It's an exciting time and we are excited to see what you're building Stevie!

September 15, 2011

Even last night during the Build Bash Podcast from the Lowdermilk brothers (Windows Phone Developer Podcast, they had on Brandon Watson (who has a new Samsung Focus S device)....not only could he not show the device at all, during the podcast, but made no mention of 'any' Mango updates...

lammycc

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
i just see someone posted in wp facebook......
"Looks like mango is going live in Australia now"
don't know Australia is true or not...
but i am living in Hong Kong...........i will feeling troublsome if HK like taiwan , bring my mobile to store to get mango........

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i just see someone posted in wp facebook......
"Looks like mango is going live in Australia now"
don't know Australia is true or not...
but i am living in Hong Kong...........i will feeling troublsome if HK like taiwan , bring my mobile to store to get mango........

Dang, I'm some jealous of "Down Under"!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i dont understand why they dont have an OFFICIAL release date :(

because then there would be a date that people would get upset if it was missed! Look at Apple + iPhone...the closer between Announce + Available the better...

I know with MS...Kinect had a while between Announce and Release (IIRC) but the Xbox 360S was Announce/Release in the same day!!!

I love a good conspiracy! hehe :D That would be pretty notorious, if true.

I think all big companies have at least 73 conspiracies going on at any given time...FACT!

Microsoft says...

:D

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My google translate is funny...someone check out the Windows Phone Mexico page...

Is that just a random guy posting from a random site?

http://www.facebook.com/windowsphonemx?sk=wall

good news, and confirming the date, September 15th is the day chosen for the release of update Mango.es this occasion is the Windows Phone Dev Podcast website responsible for confirming the date, using the same parameters as in your day and WPCentral and HTC unveiled

matiu_00

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
3 Australian carriers are finished testing and waiting on MS to release.
O2 in the UK just announced that they too are ready to roll out.
Taiwan is manually flashing Mango ROMS "in-store". Perhaps to take some server load off MS today?

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I feel like its gonna be a simultaneous worldwide release. Hoping they've learned their lesson from NoDo roll out. It's so close I can taste it!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping a couple of hours...lol! Oh well wishful thinking!

LMAO!! And... I thought I was bad!! :D

It's so vague. I was just gearing myself up for the longest amount of time that would meet that definition.

I honestly think we'll have it by this time next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes