Has anyone figured out the name of the song from latest WP web ad?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually woke up with that tune stuck in my head the other morning. Sad truth is probably that it's just a stock jingle used for ads and promos. =( I guess someone could tweet the question to Windows Phone on Twitter and see if they have any clue.

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
in the description of the app it says that the ringtones come from a composer called "ill.Gates"?
Binged his music but couldn't find that song.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
in the description of the app it says that the ringtones come from a composer called "ill.Gates"?
Binged his music but couldn't find that song.

Okay, am I the only one who sees something awkward about the composer's name? :D Hey, thanks for the tidbit!

--
Edit: I found illGates' site : http://illgates.com
I went over a few of his songs but so far none is the Hello song, I'm off to bed but if you have time, you could give it a shot yourselves!

Last edited:

Space Shadow

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.

I too have been looking for this "song". So far I was happy with the average quality audio rip I got from the ad on YouTube, but I’d definitely love to get those 5 ringtones you’re talking about! Only, they seem to have disappeared from the "ringtone" space...

Would someone be so kind as to share them?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.

I too have been looking for this "song". So far I was happy with the average quality audio rip I got from the ad on YouTube, but I?d definitely love to get those 5 ringtones you?re talking about! Only, they seem to have disappeared from the "ringtone" space...

Would someone be so kind as to share them?

They aren't synced back with the Zune client as far as I can tell so there isn't a way to share them at the moment.

Space Shadow

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That’s too bad. Thank you anyway!

So I asked someone at ill.gates.com and I just got a reply: it would appear that ill.gates did not make this music, and that Microsoft tends to use exclusive pieces of music for its ads. So yeah, this is not a full song and probably never will be... The only way to get to use it as a ringtone is to either get it via the Insider app (but I think it’s too late now) or rip the audio from YouTube (set it in HD so the sound’s better). ;D

L

lumic

Argh, must've missed the ringtones. Is it possible for anyone to post them as a download?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99