Not all posts visible in People Hub (Facebook)?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have issues with Facebook in the People Hub where not everyone's posts are visible? I've noticed a few people who I can't see their mobile uploads, and I have a few people who I can't see their status updates within the People Hub. Even if I go to their Contact tile and scroll to What's New their new posts don't show up. If I go to the mobile site, I'm able to see these posts and pictures.

Has anyone come across this before? Is this a bug or something? Is there anything I can do to fix it? It's kind of annoying because these are people I'm close to.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Nothing you can do. Most likely they've set up their FB settings to not allow applications to access certain types of info. The people hub is considered an app. The browser is not.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One of the many flaws of the people hub. MS stated that if they allowed the people hub to be an official "app" it would solve this problem. But as of right now, it's considered a third party app.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So I need to tell my friends to fix their permissions? Is there a setting I can point them to in Facebook?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I need to tell my friends to fix their permissions? Is there a setting I can point them to in Facebook?
I think it's these settings. I only tested it once, maybe someone can confirm?

In Facebook, go to Account -> Privacy Settings -> Apps and Websites -> Edit Settings -> How people bring your info to apps they use -> Edit Settings

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it's these settings. I only tested it once, maybe someone can confirm?

In Facebook, go to Account -> Privacy Settings -> Apps and Websites -> Edit Settings -> How people bring your info to apps they use -> Edit Settings

I followed those steps and it took me there. I don't remember ever setting these options, but I'm not sharing posts, pictures or videos. Does that mean other WP7 users haven't been able to see things I post?

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
You would think this would be in both Microsoft's and Facebook's best interest to get the windows live app set as an official app. If I remember right, Microsoft is a decent sized shareholder with Facebook, and I think the also handle all their advertising, or at least used to. I could be wrong, but I think that's at least how it used to be between these 2 companies.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I tested @thed's steps out with a friend and I'm able to see their posts now. I just noticed this morning I'm probably only seeing half my friends posts compared to the mobile site :/. I love browsing in the OS, but this is a big problem.

I totally agree. I think this is in Microsoft and Facebooks best interest to get working correctly. The average user isn't going to know to do this. And the sad part is, nobody really knows its a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes