Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By TheWeeBear
  • 1 Post By Big Supes
  • 1 Post By Big Supes
  • 1 Post By pikacz
  • 1 Post By TheWeeBear
  • 1 Post By TheWeeBear
  • 2 Post By Pronk
  • 1 Post By wp7outlaw
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

Has anyone heard anything yet about yesterdays rumour ?

Not seen or heard anything yet, maybe it's abit early. Or is it another false alarm.

Still early days I guess. :)

3 are ignoring me now, they usually tell me they don't have a date for the Mango update
    but it seems they don't love me at all anymore. :(

Dontcha just love messing about with Photoshop ? Who needs Mango! ;)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    I've been searching the German sites, but haven't found any that say the mango update has arrived.

I am really hoping that if the German Vodaphone update comes out, my German Trophy will get an update, but all I can do is hope.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Haven't seen anything yet. My guess is that, if it does get released today, it may not be until this afternoon, anyway.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    It's 6:30 am in Chicago and 1:30 pm in Germany. I am starting to lose hope ;)
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

The beauty of being extremely loose with dates........
    palandri likes this.

relax guys, we'll see mango any day now ;)
    palandri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikacz View Post
    relax guys, we'll see mango any day now ;)
    But, it's comments like these that get me excited!!! haha :P
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Still fun looking around to see if it's happening though. :)

No doubt it'll all end in tears again. LOL

palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    I had my hopes up for more than rumor. The appearance of official news story right here on WPCentral had me believing. Thank you for posting the question - I have been wondering the same thing???

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I asked Orange UK as well for any details, nothing yet.

I havent had anything going on today.. i walked past my local voda shop this morning aswell i should have gone in and asked but i was going buy Gow3 ;) so i forgot all about it but im on voda and nothing as of yet so it looks like its another false alarm
    HTC Trophy 7.0 awaiting the almighty 7.5!!!

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yes we're getting used to false alarms now wp7outlaw. :)

palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Yes we're getting used to false alarms now wp7outlaw. :)
    +1 Yup!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Just think though, one day it won't be a false alarm. How on earth will we cope with that ?

Just think though, one day it won't be a false alarm. How on earth will we cope with that ?

i guess i'll be doing pretty much the same thing as tht smilie is lol

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    I think we all will be wp7outlaw. :)

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    We'll all be too busy hammering the update servers to worry :)
    TheWeeBear and lycosman like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    True Pronk. :)

This has just been posted on Wp facebook:

Hi everybody. Given all the recent speculation around the timing of our Mango update, I wanted to bring you up to speed on what to expect next.

For months, we and dozens of our partner companies have been laying the groundwork for the Windows Phone 7.5 updateand making solid progress. As a result, we now expect to start rolling it out in the next week or two. At that time, well also refresh the Wheres My Phone Update? table to reflect the worldwide rollout status.

This also seems like a good time to caution against installing unofficial or leaked copies of Windows Phone software.

During the official Windows Phone 7.5 update process, every Windows Phone will also receive software from the handset manufacturer. This matched and paired firmware has been painstakingly tuned so your phoneand appswork with all the new features of Windows Phone 7.5. Since your phone requires the proper firmware to function as designed, my advice is simple: steer clear of bootleg updates and homebrew tools.

By the way, in case you missed it, we recently released new versions of both the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac and the Zune software for PCs, which youll need to update your phone. If you havent already, I encourage you to install it. I think youll like the update-related improvements, which speed up the overall update process and give you more control over backups. A small favor: When you update to Zune 4.8, youll be asked to participate in improving the update process. Please consider doing so.

I know youre eager to get your hands on the next release of Windows Phoneand everyone involved with Windows Phone is equally excited and eager to deliver it to you. Please hang onwere almost there.

Big Supes likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yeah we're all in tears once again. :(

Where

Yeah we're all in tears once again. :(

Where
    Sux :/

Quote Originally Posted by wp7outlaw View Post
    This has just been posted on Wp facebook:

Hi everybody. Given all the recent speculation around the timing of our Mango update, I wanted to bring you up to speed on what to expect next.

For months, we and dozens of our partner companies have been laying the groundwork for the Windows Phone 7.5 updateand making solid progress. As a result, we now expect to start rolling it out in the next week or two. At that time, well also refresh the Wheres My Phone Update? table to reflect the worldwide rollout status.

This also seems like a good time to caution against installing unofficial or leaked copies of Windows Phone software.

During the official Windows Phone 7.5 update process, every Windows Phone will also receive software from the handset manufacturer. This matched and paired firmware has been painstakingly tuned so your phoneand appswork with all the new features of Windows Phone 7.5. Since your phone requires the proper firmware to function as designed, my advice is simple: steer clear of bootleg updates and homebrew tools.

By the way, in case you missed it, we recently released new versions of both the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac and the Zune software for PCs, which youll need to update your phone. If you havent already, I encourage you to install it. I think youll like the update-related improvements, which speed up the overall update process and give you more control over backups. A small favor: When you update to Zune 4.8, youll be asked to participate in improving the update process. Please consider doing so.

I know youre eager to get your hands on the next release of Windows Phoneand everyone involved with Windows Phone is equally excited and eager to deliver it to you. Please hang onwere almost there.
    'Like'

This is all they've needed to say. I feel a lot more content now having a much clearer idea as to when it's going to be released. :)