MS Office Mango Question.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
When entering into the Office 365 Live Tile, Do you have to have Office 365 to use any of the features? To write a paper or use word do you have to have the 7.99$ a month subscription? Thanks

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
From Office on my phone, I can open an excel spreadsheet, which is my time card, make changes, save them and then email my time card in.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When entering into the Office 365 Live Tile, Do you have to have Office 365 to use any of the features? To write a paper or use word do you have to have the 7.99$ a month subscription? Thanks

The 'Office' tile that you see on a WP7 phone is not Office 365, Office 365 is the traditional Office applications presented as web applications. On your phone the Office application is just a mobile version of Microsoft Office.

However, within that Office hub you can browse/open/edit documents in your Office 365 account just as you can on your Skydrive account, locally on your phone and from Sharepoint. These are available as options in the 'Locations' view on the Mango version.

So to sum up the integration with Office 365 is merely that you can open/view/edit documents in your Office 365 account - if you have one - on your phone and you can happily use all of the features of Office on your WP7 phone without an Office 365 account.

Reactions: VernonEL

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I could figure out how to transfer the excel spreadsheet to my phone with Zune, so I emailed the spreadsheet to myself, opened the email on my phone and then saved the spreadsheet to the phone. It worked. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3