Samsung & Nokia Phone Announcements and Conjecture

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So Nokia World 2011 is October 26/27. I'm assuming we'll see announcements for at least 2 Nokia Windows Phones, the 7xx series and 8xx series variants. I'm personally assuming the 8xx series will be the N9-esque (spec and size-wise) SeaRay we all know and love with the 700 series a 3.7 inch budget variant of the phone. Also hoping we see a 9xx variant that blows us away, but that's probably more wishful thinking - Nokia would probably announce that next spring.

Anyone know if there is an equivalent Samsung conference where they'd announce and tout the Samsung Focus S (Galaxy SII variant) and Focus Flash (budget variant)? I know AT&T has obviously spilled the beans, but all we know are the names and a few specs, I'd assume Samsung would want to show off working phones. I'd also hope for at least a CDMA Omnia 7 variant for Sprint and Verizon.

What are you guys expecting? And yeah, does anyone know when the next Samsung mobile device conference/presentation is?

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I too hope we can get a Galaxy SII Windows Phone variant for Sprint. But it is probably wishful thinking. I love my arrive, but I would prefer a 4" or so sAMOLED+ screen in a super slim body.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am on ATT but I would hope that Sprint and VZN would show some strong interest in WP 2nd gen devices and sooner rather than later. If they would make a strong commitment to WP and push them like they are pushing android that would a win win win for both the carriers and MS and customers

Reactions: VernonEL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3