best way to set up tiles?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the best way to set up tiles on the home screen? I think green with dark background is easiest on the eyes. Also, I'd like to know of more tiles that are double-wide like the calendar and pictures...and customizable tiles would be cool if anyone knows of any..

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Theme color is your choice. No best color. Some users change frequently, some never. I have been using a custom dark red for a few months and really like it.

Only the built-in app you mentioned and OEM apps, like HTC, are permitted to use double wide tiles, so you won't find any. For customizable tiles, look for apps with Live Tiles. Things like; The Weather Channel, Sports Scores and Fox News will change all the time. Another is Smart Tile, which allows you to change the color and background icon.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Cool..I'll check out the smart tile. How did you customize the color to dark red? I don't really like the color choices they have.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You have to do a registry hack to unlock your phone, which was a pre-Nodo update thing. Or you need a developer unlocked device. Don't know if they'll be issuing new colors with the Mango update. I agree they need a custom color selector or a wider range of colors

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...though the metro UI is nice, its the ONLY thing you get to look at when you use the phone (besides a very unorganized app list). So I think it should be way more customizable and I hope that will come in the update.

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are in the Music + Video and are looking at your list of artists, press and hold on the name of an artist and you can pin the artist shortcut to the start page - that is a double wide tile. It's not all artists, only the more popular.

I use Smart Tile to place my own tasks and reminders on the tile.

If you buy Apodviewer7 Pro and Apodviewer7 you can configure the live tiles to update to the latest "astronomy photo of the day"... buying the pro app gets you the ability to span the image over the two tiles, so if you place them side by side you get a nice double wide effect. Otherwise, you can just use the Ad-suppprted Apodviewer7 and get one updated image a day.

Kalle

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)