My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
LG Quantum update worked perfectly. No problems or glitches whatsoever. Got to give Microsoft (and AT&T) credit for improving the process dramatically over the NoDo fiasco.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the notification on my phone that there was an update. Got home around 5:30pm eastern time and took about an hour to update. It was easy!

1- AT&T
2- Dell Venue Pro 16gig

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Focus 1.3 on ATT worked great. Did get a hangup on the security update but switched USB ports and it worked fine.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Update worked great for me on my Samsung Focus 1.3 on ATT. I forced the update. It hung a little on the 'verifying space requirements' part for the 7403 update. But, I canceled/restarted that and it went through flawlessly ;)

littleroot

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone is with Sprint: HTC Arrive

The update was not coming so I used the Force method posted on this forum.

Took some time to get it to work, though: On a Dell Latitude 4250 using verizon 4g mifi. I had to throw the wifi hardware switch on the laptop a split second after clicking update a second time. I think this is because the hardware switch is just a shortcut to the software switch. I say this because whenever I use the switch windows does not notify the connection is lost until about three seconds later. I also did the "change" on PRL and Profile, before the update (as suggested by another Arrive model user), though profile gave me an error message. Not sure doing this did anything - instead it seems just turning off the wifi switch much earlier did the trick.

One scary moment: Because I got a new 2nd computer (used for the update) Zune updater warned me i was connected as a "Guest" as this is "not my primary computer". It warned that I might lose data like photos, etc but it worked fine with no loss

After the update, several reboots, I was concerned that Zune showed 7.1 but in the phone it shows Windows Phone is 7.5 under Settings | About.

Now off to find out why all my tiles are red and learn the new features!

Last edited:

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive updated great. It actually updated to Mango without me prompting it. I was only updating to 7403 and then it updated to Mango 7720 for me.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Carrier - AT&T
Phone - Samsung Focus
Experience - Was pretty smooth for me. I didn't get any notifications on my phone and when I plugged in my phone and checked Zune it didn't show the updates either. I used the "force update" procedure listed here and it worked perfectly. I only ran into a slight hiccup trying to get the second update (it hung on the checking for update screen for about 20 minutes) but other than that it went very well. Now I just gotta explore my phone and find/try all the new stuff! :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine went fairly well. Had to force the mango update. Now my phone is like greased lightning. HTC trophy on Verizon.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Mary Lynn

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Smooooth like silk. Once, that is, I forced it.

So sue me, I can be an impatient sort.
Aside from the forcing issue, I'm LOVING the update! So much cleaner functionality, so many new features to explore!

AT&T, running an LG Quantum on the East Coast.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was under a rock and had not heard of the 9-27-11-for-1.3-devices announcement when I connected my phone last night to sync 130 music tracks I had downloaded Monday night. Zune prompted me to update as soon as I connected, and I installed 7.1.7392 and 7.10. 7720.68 successfully yesterday on a V1.3 ATT-issued Focus. Several planned restarts, but no errors or other problems. The only issue I ran into up front was that I did not have sufficient free space on my computer to do the backup it does prior to the installs, and was notified as much. I closed Zune, disconnected the phone, freed up space, and reconnected the Black Beauty. I got the prompt again and all went smoothly after that. Total elapsed time was about 2 hours, most of which was taken by the backup routine. Mango itself came in two installments and took 30 minutes. I gained about a gig of available memory on a 36.9GB total memory install. I am especially relieved that my 32GB-format was not a barrier, and its flawless operation does not appear to have been altered. In honor of my successful install, I am running in Mango "accent" for 7.5 days. Salud to all! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05