Does anyone else have an update waiting for them?

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got notification that my LG Quantum has a:

phone update
update available

... but I have to plug into my computer to see what it is

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Quick plug it into your PC and fire up Zune, we're all ears dinod! :)

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok guy don't leave us here hanging lol tell us if it's Mango, what carrier, etc. PLEASE.

Unlocked - ATT

Anything else I can look into telling you about it - I'm a noob at this OS.

I won't be able to plug it in to my home computer for another 5 hours or so to tell you more.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
5 hours Yikes? Don't break our hearts and tell us it's NoDo dinod LOL

What build of the OS are you on. (Settings / About / More Information)

OS 7.0.7392.0 is NoDo

If you have that it may be Mango. Wooooo

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Aw you have an older version of the OS, looks like a Mango false alarm. Thanks very much for sharing with us dinod. :)

Remember and update to NoDo when you can.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol! almost made it....

had me scrambling to get my phone out of my pocket and check....

back in my supper pockets it goes.

pocket.jpg

getting ready for the Ecosystem.

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
"point of order": given it's your 1st post, is this a new LG, perchance -in which case, you probably have a couple of updates due? ;)

Very true

But, after I got it & fired it up I did ask it to "Check For Updates" & it came back with "No Updates Available"

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Aw you have an older version of the OS, looks like a Mango false alarm. Thanks very much for sharing with us dinod. :)

Remember and update to NoDo when you can.

Sorry, Lock the Thread so as to not make anyone hyperventilate.

btw, do I have to hook this up to Zune and create an account there?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, Lock the Thread so as to not make anyone hyperventilate.

btw, do I have to hook this up to Zune and create an account there?

Yes, go to http://www.zune.net/download and you'll have the option to either sign up and download or just download. If you do not already have a LIVE account (if you have Hotmail, Xbox Live, or any other online Micrsoft service, you have a LIVE account) you need to hit the button to sign up and download. I can't remember if when you first turn on your Windows Phone if it makes yous sign up for a LIVE account, but if it does just download the software then use that same login information.

Hope this helps.

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, go to http://www.zune.net/download and you'll have the option to either sign up and download or just download. If you do not already have a LIVE account (if you have Hotmail, Xbox Live, or any other online Micrsoft service, you have a LIVE account) you need to hit the button to sign up and download. I can't remember if when you first turn on your Windows Phone if it makes yous sign up for a LIVE account, but if it does just download the software then use that same login information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I just downloaded it at work, installed all (I've had a live.com account since the "backstage" days; I loved learning about WP through that site, a shame they killed it) - rebooted my computer & the phone and the "phone update" changed to "no updates found".

Is 7.0.70004.0 the latest stock OS build for the Quantum?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

I just downloaded it at work, installed all (I've had a live.com account since the "backstage" days; I loved learning about WP through that site, a shame they killed it) - rebooted my computer & the phone and the "phone update" changed to "no updates found".

Is 7.0.70004.0 the latest stock OS build for the Quantum?

Pre Mango you should be at 7.0.7392.0, 7004 would be fresh out of the box from a retailer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion