Zune software won't update

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I read a while ago that in order to update to Mango, I would need to update my zune software. I tried and received an error (0x80070656). I looked for a solution and found none.
Forward to today. Knowing that Mango is on the horizon, I tried again. same error. I read that there was a .bin file that was causing the error. I couldn't find it anywhere. So, in my infinite wisdom, I uninstalled Zune. Now I have no Zune, and the same error when I try to install it. Does anyone have a fix for this? Microsoft's website pretty much blows for troubleshooting.

Ben

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/software/download/default.htm

Try a redownload of the latest software cba191 incase you have an older version.

I think you may have tried that though going by your post.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi there.

I know it's bad form to make an entrance like mine, but I'm at a loss.

Yes I did a complete uninstall and tried to reinstall it. No bueno.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if you've done this (I'm grasping at straws) but double check to make sure there are no other Windows Updates available for your PC/OS. If you are missing any MS patches or updates released prior to the version of Zune you're trying to install it could be the cause.

Just a thought.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
nope. up to date. zune chat guy suggested installing in safe mode. will try that. if that doesn't work, i guess i'll have to go with android. :(

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
nope. up to date. zune chat guy suggested installing in safe mode. will try that. if that doesn't work, i guess i'll have to go with android. :(

Just don't tamper with it, as you could be forced to go with iPhone. ;)

Have you posted this issue on the XDA forums, BTW? I'm more than sure that someone else has encountered this problem.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
XDA forums?
This sucks. Now I have no zune software on my computer

Not that I would discourage anyone from posting here, but the XDA forum is generally more specified towards this issue, and I'm more than sure someone there would be able to help you; they are the ones leaking these ROMs, afterall.

Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

Just remember to use the search function over there before posting your thread. Either that or get your flame proof suit on. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism