Turn off WiFi
Turn on your data connection
Turn on updates over your data connection

Ensure 3G is on

Ensure your PC is connected to the internet

Connect your phone to your PC

Settings > Phone > Update

It should say you are up to date.

Click on "Linking" (or any other phone option)

Now click on Update

About 2/3 through the update (Do a timing run if you must), turn off your phone's data connection.

If it works, you'll be prompted to update.

If it says that you are already up to date, try again, but turn off the data connection sooner

If it says that you cannot update, try again, but turn off the data connection later

Iterate on the above 2 steps

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I do have an LG Optimus but I had tried 7 times, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Do I need to turn out 3G connection also?

Edit: Getting 7220.

Last edited:

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
quick question...i remember seeing in a video that there was a help and how to section on mango, does anybody have this on there phone?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
quick question...i remember seeing in a video that there was a help and how to section on mango, does anybody have this on there phone?

what exactly is your problem. If youve tried the force and it hasnt worked do this connect the phone to your pc its probably best to do it on the where your phone is not a guest.

In Zune go to settings in the top right corner and click on that and the update (I did this with wiifi on the phone on off)
it will run update and say up to date Click on the words above or below update
then click on update again and quickly but not too quickly unplug your ethernet cable from the computer or turn off the wireless connection on the laptop it should still look like its searching if it comes up with unable to search repeat and try to sever the connection quicker
if that message does not come up ut should go to updfate available and then reconnect the internet connection and start the update process. You may have to this for each update on focus 1.3 there were the security cert 7392 then the intermediate mango and final mango It takes a while BE PATIENT

hope thisd helps. its what worked for me a couple of hours ago!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Great now I'm getting 80090002 error...idk what that one even is. Why Mango Why!!!!

Here's what I found by searching this error code

Zune Update error 80090002 - Microsoft Answers

I would say that you may have not done the zune update to version 4.8 that came out three weeks or so ago. go to Zune and check your version if its not 4.8. something it needs to be updated through MS's zune site. Then run the update process Hopefully that will get it done

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My other Pc is the laptop, and there I get the 80180048 error. I got through the other updates fine tho. idk why it's stuck here. Btw I'm getting stuck on the actual Mango update 7720.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I found by searching this error code

Zune Update error 80090002 - Microsoft Answers

I would say that you may have not done the zune update to version 4.8 that came out three weeks or so ago. go to Zune and check your version if its not 4.8. something it needs to be updated through MS's zune site. Then run the update process Hopefully that will get it done

Software's on 4.8.2345.0. I also went through and deleted the file they said, but that too didn't work :/

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me, running Mango on my Samsung Focus!

My 3G was off
WiFI on
Connected w/USB to PC
Opened Zune --> Phone --> Settings --> update
Clicked at the link below update, then returned to update and immediately switched PC wifi off...
Got the update message

Best wishes folks :)

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I did my Trophy as soon as this trick was posted on the front page. It took about an hour total. I did not do anything with my phone. I just disabled the network connection by right clicking on the connection in "Change Adapter Settings" in "Network and Sharing Center" in Windows 7. It worked first time for 7392 and 7403. 7720 started on it's own. Step 7 on 7720 took forever, but I patiently waited.

mine had several what seemed very long delays in at least two steps 8 and 9. several times when I looked at the phone scrfeen it shoed a connection between a phone icon and a computer icon and an arrow pointing toward the phone with a circle and line through the arrow kinda got concerned but it all went well MUch better rollout than nodo I would think! MS is getting better at it it and hopefully they will keep this particular way open for latter updates to be used again!

baylorbear134

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY got it to start updating. Tried many times with no success until i read to turn wifi on my phone on and off too. I got it to work a few times after learning that. I think my biggest problem was i would get impatient and cancel the "searching for updates" too quickly.

Here is what i finally did.

Data: off
wifi on and connected for phone and computer
start zune
search for update
update found
click one above
then click update again, count to 3 and turn the wifi on my computer AND phone off. I was getting frustrated again so I left the room and when i came back it said an update is available.

wrs28

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the 80004005 error code? I'm stuck at .7403, updates all the way through step 9 and at the end gives Error Code 80004005, I've been all over the internet and can't find anything to help, Samsung Focus V1.3, tried reseting entire phone, but can't get back to anything before .7403, don't want to flash the phone either. Any suggestions appreciated.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
what exactly is your problem. If youve tried the force and it hasnt worked do this connect the phone to your pc its probably best to do it on the where your phone is not a guest.

In Zune go to settings in the top right corner and click on that and the update (I did this with wiifi on the phone on off)
it will run update and say up to date Click on the words above or below update
then click on update again and quickly but not too quickly unplug your ethernet cable from the computer or turn off the wireless connection on the laptop it should still look like its searching if it comes up with unable to search repeat and try to sever the connection quicker
if that message does not come up ut should go to updfate available and then reconnect the internet connection and start the update process. You may have to this for each update on focus 1.3 there were the security cert 7392 then the intermediate mango and final mango It takes a while BE PATIENT

hope thisd helps. its what worked for me a couple of hours ago!

I should have said that i thought there was a help and how to section built into mango. I was referring to this

Windows Phone 7 to come with “Help+How-to” app? | WMPoweruser

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans