AT&T Visual Voicemail?

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Engadget and This is My Next reviews of Mango today, both authors stated that there isn't any indication as to when AT&T will enable visual voicemail for WP7.

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable!!

All the other us carriers are supporting it with mango.....this really pisses me off. Someone needs to post contact information of who we can vent to within ATT. How can they be the premier partner and not support visual voicemail.....its freaking 2011!! This type of crap might force my hand on switching from att.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
With all the law suits these phone manufacturers have filed against each other. Could there be a visual voice mail patent law suit preventing it?

I have voicemail to e-mail enabled at AT&T, but it cost me like $3.99 a month for it.

wittersworld

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got off tech support chat with AT&T regarding VVM. The rep did not know how to activate it for my WP7.5 (Samsung Focus), but one of her co-workers has Mango on her phone. So she was going to try to get it activated on her phone and let me know later today how that goes.

When I switched from iPhone to WP7 last year, I had to call and have them "provision" my phone for normal voicemail instead of VVM. I would think they could just as easily provision it back to VVM now that WP7.5 supports it.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got off tech support chat with AT&T regarding VVM. The rep did not know how to activate it for my WP7.5 (Samsung Focus), but one of her co-workers has Mango on her phone. So she was going to try to get it activated on her phone and let me know later today how that goes.

When I switched from iPhone to WP7 last year, I had to call and have them "provision" my phone for normal voicemail instead of VVM. I would think they could just as easily provision it back to VVM now that WP7.5 supports it.

Atleast you had a little bit bitter experience than what I just went through with my false update notification. After getting my 2nd false notification this morning I went to ATT Chat support. They said they couldnt help that I should call Samsung. So I call Samsung and they said they couldnt help. So then I call AT&T explain everything and then, unbeknownst to me, AT&T connects me to Samsung and hangs up while talking to Samsung! Atleast the last person I spoke to at Samsung knew what update I was talking about....unfortunately she told me to call ATT.

Time to start stabbing people at AT&T stores.

techjunkieforlife

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

They do the exact same thing for Blackberry also but I have no idea if there is a technical difference on AT&T's end to make it work between different device types. It maybe a case of clueless customer support due to a lack of direction from AT&T with this being a new feature for Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05