Updated but no bing features?

bernatns

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just forced the update to Mango from Nodo and now i have the version 7720. I have the new IO, twitter integration, everything, except that when y press the search button from the main screen (the tiles menu) it opens IO with the mobile version of Bing and i do not have bing music, visual search or any of these things, it is just internet explorer without these options at the bottom.

At the beggining what appeared was vodafone myweb search page, then i changed it in the settings to use bing as the default search engine but i still don't have the new features (bing music, etc..)

I am in spain, i do not know if that can be the reason.

Anyone can help?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Weird....

I guess it's possible those features are region specific. I am in the US of A and the visual / music search work great - fully functional.

Hmmm. When you press the search button it should bring up the bing searh page. Not internet explorer.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I could have swore I remembered seeing a grid layout of where features would be available but am having a hard time finding it at the moment. I'll keep looking for it.

bernatns

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers, I tried to set the language to English and region fromat to English (United states) and now it works.

I guess i will have to use my phone in english

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I found it here. If I'm reading it correct, in Spain you should have Bing Vision and Bing Audio.

Also be aware that you may only have access to a few features of Bing Vision - e.g. you may only be able to scan text, MS tags or QR codes, while in the US it also includes scanning barcodes and covers of books, cds and dvds.

You can 'fix' this by changing the search language to English US, but this will give you US results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett