Where can I get my new ringtones?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You could do a bing search and find ringtones. Put them in your music folder and sync them. Go into Zune and change the reference to "RINGTONE" and edit the ring tone name a little and you got it. Its what I did. Zedge.net website has billions of them for free.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, this is very complicated

Yeah. Something else that isnt fully functional. Guess I'll wait until they update ZUNE again.

Starting to feel a little let down about Mango. Perhaps the hype made my expectations a little higher than what they shouldve been. I'm not all that happy with the multitasking either. It should be easier to close the paused apps. Instead of takingg a half page from webos, they should have taken the whole page and made a swipe down (up) gesture to close them instead of the back button method. That doesnt always work.

A little off topic now. Sorry.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Speak for yourself there buddy, I'm riding high on the mango hype ;). But this seems unnecessarily hard and I suck at this kind of things.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, got a song, cut it to 25 secons, is under one MB, on my phone and his genre is Ringtones. Now what? I don't see the option to change it.

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
just search for an online converter or use Windows Movie maker or whatever.

It's needlessly complicated, especially the filesize since I used normal music files before Mango with a sideloaded app.

Zune really isn't made for phones, they really need to release a new version that handles stuff like this and apps and backups.

iCaptnSpaulding

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Download ringtones from Audiko or Zedge, drag them into Zune, right click on the song - change genre to Ringtone (if it's not listed, just type 'Ringtone'), click OK then drag it onto your phone!

Nothing rocket science about it! It's much easier than adding ringtones on iPhones anyway!

ButtonedRC

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Download ringtones from Audiko or Zedge, drag them into Zune, right click on the song - change genre to Ringtone (if it's not listed, just type 'Ringtone'), click OK then drag it onto your phone!

Nothing rocket science about it! It's much easier than adding ringtones on iPhones anyway!

Must be rocket science for me because when I downloaded a ringtone and dragged the file to Zune that worked fine however when I right clicked on the file in Zune there was nowhere to select Ringtone. I also then finally figured out the genre and did the ringtone thing and dragged it to my phone.

I now can't find the ringtone on my phone and I probably have a 15 second song in Zune.

This is way more complicated than it needs to be.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Wasn't supposed to be a ringtone store? (Joe Belfiore showed it off and even played a Developers, Developers, Developers ringtones :p)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So I finally manage to get a lower than 1mb, 39 seconds, mp3 song and I keep having the same problem.

No options appear on the new ringtone area ( also when I write Ringtone on genre, it changes it the R to lowercase ). It doesn't even appear on zune.

Edit: Finally. It only took 3 days and 8 files =D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3