Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Curtieson
  • 1 Post By theman60099
  1. Mateosmith's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
       #1  
    Forgive me, if this has already been adressed. But on my t mobile hd7, visual voicemail will not activate, I have a friend with the same phone and he says that his will not either. I wis thinking that T mobile perhaps won't activate the feature untill they start official rollout? Anyone got it to work?
  2. sinlessearth's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #2  
    you have to either get on the my.t-mobile site or call CS and have them activate Visual Voice Mail for your account. The service is free but must be activated. It is easy to do online. Should work after that.
    Thanked by:
  3. Mateosmith's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thank you kind sir
  4. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,877 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,878 Global Posts
    #4  
    What's stated above should work, got it working on my Tmo DVP. Have to wait for the confirmation text though, before that it didnt work.
  5. Jim_MAY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #5  
    How long does it take to get the Confirmation?

    Thanks!
  6. sketchy9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    #6  
    I *still* don't understand the ruckus about this. I've used YouMail since the day I got my phone on Sprint-- MagikMail is the YouMail client for the phone. I've had visual voicemail for 6 months! Can anyone explain to me why it's advantageous to have it built in to the OS instead of using YouMail?

    -R
  7. KingCrimson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    631 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9 View Post
    I *still* don't understand the ruckus about this. I've used YouMail since the day I got my phone on Sprint-- MagikMail is the YouMail client for the phone. I've had visual voicemail for 6 months! Can anyone explain to me why it's advantageous to have it built in to the OS instead of using YouMail?

    -R
    Because when it's integrated you get to it faster then finding a 3rd party app to launch. Also it's just the right thing to do.
  8. Rhody#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    488 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9 View Post
    I *still* don't understand the ruckus about this. I've used YouMail since the day I got my phone on Sprint-- MagikMail is the YouMail client for the phone. I've had visual voicemail for 6 months! Can anyone explain to me why it's advantageous to have it built in to the OS instead of using YouMail?

    -R
    Don't you have to pay to have calls forwarded to use YouMail?
  9. SmokeyBacon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #9  
    I am having the same problem with the HTC HD7 on T-moblie and it seems that everyone I have seen mention a problem has this phone on this carrier. I checked my account and have Visual Voicemail enabled, I got the confirmation email and it still doesn't work even after rebooting the phone.
  10. Curtieson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,321 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why it's advantageous to have it built in to the OS instead of using [an app]l?
    Wait...is this a joke? Seriously...are you just yanking my chain?

    You really have no idea why it is easier/better/more advantageous to use something built into the phone then having to find a 3rd party app that doesn't work like sh**???

    I bet you have "m.gmail.com" saved to your start page because using IE9 works great for checking your gmail...there is no need to use the built in email client. :happy:
    theman60099 likes this.
  11. Mateosmith's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
    I am having the same problem with the HTC HD7 on T-moblie and it seems that everyone I have seen mention a problem has this phone on this carrier. I checked my account and have Visual Voicemail enabled, I got the confirmation email and it still doesn't work even after rebooting the phone.
    Try toggling it on and off from your phone. I enabled it and then about 2 hours later with a few toggles it kicked on
  12. astroXP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    234 Posts
    #12  
    If you have a prepaid plan, then forget about Visual Voicemail :/


  13. SmokeyBacon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateoybeautiful View Post
    Try toggling it on and off from your phone. I enabled it and then about 2 hours later with a few toggles it kicked on
    The problem I have and from what I am seeing many others have, is that there is no toggling on - trying to turn it on just gets the "oops" screen that it cannot connect. Believe me I have tried and tried and tried it (spending more time on this then workiing at this point - luckily my boss is out today)
  14. SmokeyBacon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #14  
    Oh, I think I can do you one better - here is the transcript of my chat with T-Mobile while trying to get some info on Visual Voicemal

    You have been connected to _David M.
    Amy H: Why is Visual Voicemail not working on my HTC HD7 Windows Phone which just got the mango upgrade?
    _David M: Hi Amy , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m _David and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    _David M: I understand wanting to make sure your Visual Voicemail is working properly.
    _David M: Did you check for updates in the Windows Marketplace for the Visual Voicemail?
    Amy H: It is a built in feature of the phone and shouldn't require anything from Marketplace. It is part of the upgrade to the operating system.
    Amy H: It seems to be a common problem on the HD7
    Amy Hitchcock: Others on T-Mobile are not having this issue.
    _David M: There has been updates to the Visual Voicemail. Please, check the Windows Marketplace before we proceed.
    Amy H: What am I supposed to be checking for exactly - when I go to settings/applications/phone there is an option to enable visual voicemail. What EXACTLY am I supposed to try to find in Marketplace?
    _David M: The application is requesting you enable it? Have you selected that option?
    Amy H: There is no application it is an option in the upgrade of the operating system with the Mango upgrade - are you even familiar with Windows Phone 7? The new upgrade came out on 9/27 so it is now considered to be Windows Phone 7.5 aka Mango?
    _David M: I am familiar with all Windows Mobile, Android, and Symbian OS.
    Amy Hitchcock: Then why do you seem to think this is an application?
    _David M: Anything on the device other than the Operating System is a application, the dialer is an application, the messaging is an application, the visual voicemail is an application.
    Amy H: Ok, well for most people when they refer to an application they are talking about something they downloaded from the Marketplace.
    _David M: When you slide open the drawer with all of the icons on it, those are all applications.
    _David M: Open the Visual Voicemail.
    Amy Hitchcock: I didn't download this it became an available option when I upgraded to OS version 7.10.7720.68
    Amy H: There is NOTHING TO OPEN!!!\
    Amy H: \
    _David M: Let me check for known issues, in the meantime, open your WIndows marketplace, and download T-Mobile Visual Voicemail.
    Amy H: From the Home Screen, select SETTINGS, select APPLICATIONS, select PHONE and there is an option to enable Visual Voicemail
    Amy H: I just checked the Marketplace and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail doesn't exist.
    Amy H: What is the name that it would be listed under other than that.
    _David M: That would be the only thing, please, allow me 3-4 minutes to look into this for you.
    Amy H: Fine. You might want to check your support forums because I am not the only one having this problem.
    _David M: Thank you.
  15. blackhawk7188's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
    Oh, I think I can do you one better - here is the transcript of my chat with T-Mobile while trying to get some info on Visual Voicemal

    You have been connected to _David M.
    Amy H: Why is Visual Voicemail not working on my HTC HD7 Windows Phone which just got the mango upgrade?
    _David M: Hi Amy , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m _David and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    _David M: I understand wanting to make sure your Visual Voicemail is working properly.
    _David M: Did you check for updates in the Windows Marketplace for the Visual Voicemail?
    Amy H: It is a built in feature of the phone and shouldn't require anything from Marketplace. It is part of the upgrade to the operating system.
    Amy H: It seems to be a common problem on the HD7
    Amy Hitchcock: Others on T-Mobile are not having this issue.
    _David M: There has been updates to the Visual Voicemail. Please, check the Windows Marketplace before we proceed.
    Amy H: What am I supposed to be checking for exactly - when I go to settings/applications/phone there is an option to enable visual voicemail. What EXACTLY am I supposed to try to find in Marketplace?
    _David M: The application is requesting you enable it? Have you selected that option?
    Amy H: There is no application it is an option in the upgrade of the operating system with the Mango upgrade - are you even familiar with Windows Phone 7? The new upgrade came out on 9/27 so it is now considered to be Windows Phone 7.5 aka Mango?
    _David M: I am familiar with all Windows Mobile, Android, and Symbian OS.
    Amy Hitchcock: Then why do you seem to think this is an application?
    _David M: Anything on the device other than the Operating System is a application, the dialer is an application, the messaging is an application, the visual voicemail is an application.
    Amy H: Ok, well for most people when they refer to an application they are talking about something they downloaded from the Marketplace.
    _David M: When you slide open the drawer with all of the icons on it, those are all applications.
    _David M: Open the Visual Voicemail.
    Amy Hitchcock: I didn't download this it became an available option when I upgraded to OS version 7.10.7720.68
    Amy H: There is NOTHING TO OPEN!!!\
    Amy H: \
    _David M: Let me check for known issues, in the meantime, open your WIndows marketplace, and download T-Mobile Visual Voicemail.
    Amy H: From the Home Screen, select SETTINGS, select APPLICATIONS, select PHONE and there is an option to enable Visual Voicemail
    Amy H: I just checked the Marketplace and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail doesn't exist.
    Amy H: What is the name that it would be listed under other than that.
    _David M: That would be the only thing, please, allow me 3-4 minutes to look into this for you.
    Amy H: Fine. You might want to check your support forums because I am not the only one having this problem.
    _David M: Thank you.
    Apparently the tech knows Windows Mobile...(Mobile 6.0/6.1/6.5). Not windows phone. I dont see tmobile enabling it for us. I have an HD7 and have the same problem. Sometime I barely get signal to after the update. I can just deal with calling it in.
    Last edited by blackhawk7188; 09-29-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo
  16. astroXP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    234 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
    Oh, I think I can do you one better - here is the transcript of my chat with T-Mobile while trying to get some info on Visual Voicemal

    You have been connected to _David M.
    Amy H: Why is Visual Voicemail not working on my HTC HD7 Windows Phone which just got the mango upgrade?
    _David M: Hi Amy , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. Im _David and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    _David M: I understand wanting to make sure your Visual Voicemail is working properly.
    _David M: Did you check for updates in the Windows Marketplace for the Visual Voicemail?
    Amy H: It is a built in feature of the phone and shouldn't require anything from Marketplace. It is part of the upgrade to the operating system.
    Amy H: It seems to be a common problem on the HD7
    Amy Hitchcock: Others on T-Mobile are not having this issue.
    _David M: There has been updates to the Visual Voicemail. Please, check the Windows Marketplace before we proceed.
    Amy H: What am I supposed to be checking for exactly - when I go to settings/applications/phone there is an option to enable visual voicemail. What EXACTLY am I supposed to try to find in Marketplace?
    _David M: The application is requesting you enable it? Have you selected that option?
    Amy H: There is no application it is an option in the upgrade of the operating system with the Mango upgrade - are you even familiar with Windows Phone 7? The new upgrade came out on 9/27 so it is now considered to be Windows Phone 7.5 aka Mango?
    _David M: I am familiar with all Windows Mobile, Android, and Symbian OS.
    Amy Hitchcock: Then why do you seem to think this is an application?
    _David M: Anything on the device other than the Operating System is a application, the dialer is an application, the messaging is an application, the visual voicemail is an application.
    Amy H: Ok, well for most people when they refer to an application they are talking about something they downloaded from the Marketplace.
    _David M: When you slide open the drawer with all of the icons on it, those are all applications.
    _David M: Open the Visual Voicemail.
    Amy Hitchcock: I didn't download this it became an available option when I upgraded to OS version 7.10.7720.68
    Amy H: There is NOTHING TO OPEN!!!\
    Amy H: \
    _David M: Let me check for known issues, in the meantime, open your WIndows marketplace, and download T-Mobile Visual Voicemail.
    Amy H: From the Home Screen, select SETTINGS, select APPLICATIONS, select PHONE and there is an option to enable Visual Voicemail
    Amy H: I just checked the Marketplace and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail doesn't exist.
    Amy H: What is the name that it would be listed under other than that.
    _David M: That would be the only thing, please, allow me 3-4 minutes to look into this for you.
    Amy H: Fine. You might want to check your support forums because I am not the only one having this problem.
    _David M: Thank you.

    Wow, he just didn't get at once! Gosh LOL
    Btw, I doubt anyone else refers to a built-in feature as an application. :lol:

  17. kallemia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #17  
    In response to Sketchy9, KingCrimson and Rhody

    And because when it's integrated, it will use the images of my contacts in the WP, rather than a stale upload to YouMail. Also, I am hoping that there could be voicemail integration with the contacts pages... so I could see recent vm as well as email/txt. That last bit would have to be in a future update I think.

    MM can be pinned to your start menu - it's even quicker to access than voicemail... one touch instead of two...

    And yes, YouMail is paid if you want transcription or more features. But the basic stuff is free. I think the App had a price too... which is weird because it's free on iOS, BB and ANdroid.

    Kalle
    Last edited by kallemia; 09-29-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: clarification
  18. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallemia View Post
    In response to Sketchy9, KingCrimson and Rhody

    And because when it's integrated, it will use the images of my contacts in the WP, rather than a stale upload to YouMail. Also, I am hoping that there could be voicemail integration with the contacts pages... so I could see recent vm as well as email/txt. That last bit would have to be in a future update I think.

    MM can be pinned to your start menu - it's even quicker to access than voicemail... one touch instead of two...

    And yes, YouMail is paid if you want transcription or more features. But the basic stuff is free. I think the App had a price too... which is weird because it's free on iOS, BB and ANdroid.

    Kalle
    if apps were better than integrated features we would all just be on NoDo and this OS would also be more like the others. its so much easier and lighter on resources when features are integrated into the OS.
    kallemia likes this.
  19. sketchy9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    Wait...is this a joke? Seriously...are you just yanking my chain?

    You really have no idea why it is easier/better/more advantageous to use something built into the phone then having to find a 3rd party app that doesn't work like sh**???

    I bet you have "m.gmail.com" saved to your start page because using IE9 works great for checking your gmail...there is no need to use the built in email client. :happy:
    Not a joke at all. I suspect you've never used YouMail or its equivalent, and I KNOW you haven't used MagikMail if you think it's a sh** app. The MagikMail app is very light & fast, and uses a double-sided live tile that shows the unread count on one side and the phone number of the last call on the other side. It has pivot views for all voicemails, unread voicemails, and missed calls. The pictures it uses for phone numbers are based on the area code, so if I get a weird out of state number calling me it shows that state. Also, somehow, it manages to display the name registered to that phone number whether or not I have it saved. For instance, if my friend John Doe calls me, but I don't have his number in my contact list, it will still show John Doe. It's a very good app.

    The best feature for me was being able to check voicemail while overseas and out of Sprint coverage, both on my phone with WiFi as well as via my laptop through the web browser. I have no idea if the integrated solution will allow that, but my gut feeling is "no way". Also, if you choose to pay for it, you can get voice transcription.

    BTW your gmail analogy is flawed; if there were a gmail APP that was superior to the built-in client, of course I would use it (and the popularity of the Gmaps app to replace the built-in Maps suggests that many people agree with me). Clearly a pinned shortcut to m.gmail.com is not a superior app.

    So yes, I question why there is so much demand for a feature that will almost assuredly be inferior to an existing YouMail/MagikMail combination.

    -R
  20. fifthGear's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #20  
    I know this is an old thread, but I've been having thir problem as well. Occasionally I would hunt around the web to try to find if someone has solved the issue. I'v just now found the solution (at least one that worked for me) and figured I would update this thread in case others are still having the problem. For me the solution turned out to be quite simple:

    Create a new text message, to: 122
    The message content should be:

    Activate:dt=6

    Send the message.

    *Note: To get the '=', on the Alpha keyboard touch the symbol key. On the first symbol keyboard touch the right-pointing arrow key '->' to get to the second symbol keyboard.

    Hope this helps.
  21. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthGear View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I've been having thir problem as well. Occasionally I would hunt around the web to try to find if someone has solved the issue. I'v just now found the solution (at least one that worked for me) and figured I would update this thread in case others are still having the problem. For me the solution turned out to be quite simple:

    Create a new text message, to: 122
    The message content should be:

    Activate:dt=6

    Send the message.

    *Note: To get the '=', on the Alpha keyboard touch the symbol key. On the first symbol keyboard touch the right-pointing arrow key '->' to get to the second symbol keyboard.

    Hope this helps.
    Does it work for prepaid?

Posting Permissions