Live tiles don't seem to be working

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Mango yesterday, no problems, but my live tiles don't seem to be working for 3rd party apps. I shut my phone off today and started it back up to find that I had 17 app updates. I updated them. Nothing new. I uninstalled foursquare, ebay, and wpcentral, and reinstalled them from the marketplace. Still nothing. They're sitting on my home screen and not doing anything.

Any suggestions?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting this thread back up again because it has been terrible lately.

Where does the fault of a live tile not updating fall? Is it a MS issue or the app developer?

WP Central app, still showing me that the latest story is Brand Watson reflecting on the last year of WP7. That was from Friday I believe

PrimeTV - still telling me that Grimm is going to start in 5 minutes (Grimm was on Friday), but strangely it flips and tells me Parenthood is today (Tuesday)

HTC Hub doesn't update the weather (especially high and low for the day) unless I click on the hub...then it refreshes. But this morning it was showing me the high and low from last week.

eBay app - not a problem with this not updating, as it doesn't have a live tile from what I've seen, but what happened to the live tile for eBay that was in a WP7 promo video? Lost opportunity I feel.

Anyone else having issues with live tiles not updating?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Check your background tasks and see if any of the problem ones have been turned off.

settings -> applications -> background tasks

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting this thread back up again because it has been terrible lately.

Where does the fault of a live tile not updating fall? Is it a MS issue or the app developer?

WP Central app, still showing me that the latest story is Brand Watson reflecting on the last year of WP7. That was from Friday I believe

Anyone else having issues with live tiles not updating?
Jay said there's a little bug in the background tasks that stopped the tile updating and no more alerts.

This happened to me.

I cured it by an uninstall and reinstall it's fine again.

Getting my 345 million WPC daily toasts once more. :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well there ya go, both PrimeTV and WPCentral were off. I didn't turn them off though. I got PrimeTV back on, but WPCentral won't turn back on.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No it needs to be uninstalled, WPC's app background settings won't turn back on. :(

Yes it will. Go into the app and toggle live tiles off and back on and it will reactivate the background task. This also works for other apps that have been turned off for either violating the task rules, haven't been used for 14 days or been killed for too many running at once.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will. Go into the app and toggle live tiles off and back on and it will reactivate the background task. This also works for other apps that have been turned off for either violating the task rules, haven't been used for 14 days or been killed for too many running at once.
That was suggested, but it didn't work for me. Background task in WPC app still ghosted.

Only cure was an uninstall.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't even mess with the whole launch on next opening of the app, that has never worked in any app for me. The live tile toggling has always worked, in fact I had to do it a few days back with no issue but it seems YMMV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs