"no updates found" question

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello. I have a Sprint HTC Arrive. I have a question regarding the phone update notification.

On the 27th, I had indeed gotten the Mango update pop-up notification on my phone. Once again, I did get the notification that day.

I opted to hard reset my phone first though (I know, the question to ask here is, "why did you hard reset your phone?.... that wasn't necessary, etc. etc..." that's not the point of this question, please do not ask, thanks).

My question here is: must I have to see the "update available" message (or whatever it says opposite of "no updates found", in Settings) on my phone before I update to Mango?

One last time, I did get the pop-up notice, but at present, after hard-resetting, I do not have any notification of an update yet.

My theories are, perhaps just plugging into Zune, message or no message, will suffice enough to recognize I have an update. Or, worst case scenario, did I miss a window of opportunity, and now I can't get the Mango update until I get the pop-up notification first, again? I saw there is a way to force the Mango update too, but aside from that....

Thank you for any concrete answers to my question.

Until then....

Last edited:

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I would say: plug it into zune and check for updates.
If no updates are found, try to "force" it using the method described in almost EVERY thread around here.

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
To tie into my question, alternatively, is there a way to force an update check upon your phone, and thus rendering an update available message? I'm just really curious.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I never hear or read anything about this. Only in Zune. I dont even know how the update notification on the phone works. Somebody (carrier) sends a push notification? The phone searches periodically ?

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar situtation. I had an update message on my phone this morning, but Zune shows that I'm current and the phone update section in settings shows no update found.

Scott

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Plug it into Zune and see if you have an update. If not, do the update trick. It works. (Just make sure you turn off wifi and data connection or the trick won't work).

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Well folks..... for those who are following along.....

My mango experience is souring by the second, it has started to develop mold.

I still have no notice on my phone of an update. And furthermore, even worse, plugging into Zune only tells me I am up to date at 7.0xxx... In other words, any hope that I didn't need a message on my phone, I just needed to plug into Zune and catch the update from there.... yeah, that's all down the drain.

I think I'm giong to go eat some dead black bananas now.....

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Well folks..... for those who are following along.....

My mango experience is souring by the second, it has started to develop mold.

I still have no notice on my phone of an update. And furthermore, even worse, plugging into Zune only tells me I am up to date at 7.0xxx... In other words, any hope that I didn't need a message on my phone, I just needed to plug into Zune and catch the update from there.... yeah, that's all down the drain.

I think I'm giong to go eat some dead black bananas now.....

Staged rollout if you are impatient do the force update trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte