Mango goodness. BT Audio now working with car stereo

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Was unable to get BT Audio / Phone working with my car stereo. Until today...

It linked right up and except for some skipping when I was streaming from Zune (right after work.. busy time of day) it works flawlessly. I was streaming from Zune earlier in the day without issue.

I don't get many calls so I havent tried out the phone but I don't expect any issues.

G2

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Where is the setting for this on your phone. I've been trying to get mine to do this but have had no luck. I'm especially wanting to bluetooth stream slacker. I don't know if it's offered but I'd love to know the steps to getting close.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been using BT Audio with my WP7 long before NODO and Mango in my car. By default WP7 will pair with both A2DP and Headset profiles with the same device automatically if the paring code is 0000. If you have say a Ford Sync you have to enter the pairing code on the display and also some other BT devices allow you to set the paring code or you have to read their documentation to find out what they are.

Since all audio apps use the WP7 system sound mixer all audio application should play back via BT when using the BT audio

What are you trying to pair with?

Here is more info on the BT profile in mango: Windows Phone Mango Bluetooth stack updated, but not much | WMPoweruser

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but is the BlueTooth voice of the talking lady quieter than it was in NoDo? I have trouble hearing her, but people I talk to are loud.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using BT Audio with my WP7 long before NODO and Mango in my car. By default WP7 will pair with both A2DP and Headset profiles with the same device automatically if the paring code is 0000. If you have say a Ford Sync you have to enter the pairing code on the display and also some other BT devices allow you to set the paring code or you have to read their documentation to find out what they are.

Since all audio apps use the WP7 system sound mixer all audio application should play back via BT when using the BT audio

What are you trying to pair with?

Here is more info on the BT profile in mango: Windows Phone Mango Bluetooth stack updated, but not much | WMPoweruser

I'm already paired with two devices, I just don't know where the option to stream bluetooth audio is found. I've paired with the Kenwood deck in my car and a Cardo Scala Rider headset that I have on my motorcycle. I guess I'm just not seeing the obvious in the options or something. I'll have to go through and see where they're at. I'd love to be able to stream slacker radio to my headset on the bike or in car.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm already paired with two devices, I just don't know where the option to stream bluetooth audio is found. I've paired with the Kenwood deck in my car and a Cardo Scala Rider headset that I have on my motorcycle. I guess I'm just not seeing the obvious in the options or something. I'll have to go through and see where they're at. I'd love to be able to stream slacker radio to my headset on the bike or in car.

If you are already paired then slacker should play through your car speakers if you start the program on your phone. There should be nothing else that needs to be done. Have you actually tried to play slacker after you paired?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If you get it to work, let us know how the Cardo Scala Rider works. I'm thinking of getting a pair for my girlfriend and me so we can talk while we ride and so I can listen to music when I'm by myself.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are already paired then slacker should play through your car speakers if you start the program on your phone. There should be nothing else that needs to be done. Have you actually tried to play slacker after you paired?

When you are paired with a device and look at in from the BlueTooth settings page it should list the type of audio its paired with. I do remember one time when I first paired with my Moto S9's that it only showed the headset indicator. I deleted the pairing and then tried again and then it showed both profiles (Audio and Headset).

You may want to delete the pairing and try again. Once it's done music from zune or other music service will pay though the BT device. I can't verify slacker since I don't use that service but I have used iHeartRadio, TuneIn Radio, and TWiT just fine with BT audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa