Why are they highlighting the Radar to hype Mango?

incendy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Went to the facebook page and even the demo uses the Radar phone. I mean seriously I have never seen an uglier phone. Any of the current phones look much nicer, I just don't understand why they want to turn perspective customers off by showcasing that thing.

I am embarrassed to even link my friends to that page because of that phone lol

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Samsung Omnia 7 is the sexiest WP7 ever, but plenty will disagree.

It's what's inside that counts.

There we go, that's my 2p's worth, i feel better now. LOL :)

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral theman60009
waving.gif

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I thaught that the radar looked like crap at first to but i saw some better photos of it yesterday and i think it looks quite nice. But you are right they should use something like the TITAN to advertise WP. I actually think that they will use the Focus S once it is officially released by Samsung

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I think one of the things (if not the main thing) is: it's a unique looking design from both afar and up close. While the Radar is at or close to the bottom of my list, too, I can't deny that most other WPs are generic-looking black slabs that are similar to other generic-looking black slabs from other platforms.

incendy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Samsung Omnia 7 is the sexiest WP7 ever, but plenty will disagree.

It's what's inside that counts.

There we go, that's my 2p's worth, i feel better now. LOL :)

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral theman60009
waving.gif

Thanks for the Welcome!

And I do definitely agree with you about beauty being in the eye of the beholder but I have only come across one person in the whole world and on the entire internet that thinks that phone is attractive.

I have heard it looks better in person but unfortunately that doesn't help when it comes to print and web marketing. I am not really hating on the device, I am sure it is nice just seems like a poor choice to advertise your entire brand as it seems the majority of people do not find it attractive.

To the other person that said it looks unique, I can agree with that too.. But unfortunately that only really works if it is a good unique haha.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised they're not using the Titan simply because it's the stand-out model in the WP7 lineup until the Samsung Omnia S or whatever Nokia eventually release arrives. The Radar may be different physically to other WP7 phones, but it's still a mid-range phone and looks a lot like HTCs mid-range Android line-up. It'd be like Apple using an iPhone 3GS to launch iOS5, or Google pushing ICS out on an original Galaxy S.

Mango is out now - but to properly do it justice it could really do with some seriously nice hardware

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Welcome!

And I do definitely agree with you about beauty being in the eye of the beholder but I have only come across one person in the whole world and on the entire internet that thinks that phone is attractive.

I have heard it looks better in person but unfortunately that doesn't help when it comes to print and web marketing. I am not really hating on the device, I am sure it is nice just seems like a poor choice to advertise your entire brand as it seems the majority of people do not find it attractive.

To the other person that said it looks unique, I can agree with that too.. But unfortunately that only really works if it is a good unique haha.

It wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing incendy, loads of users absolutely love the focus, i think it's a hideous plasticy looking dated thing. (Gets coat for a sharp exit) :)

I have never seen it in the flesh as we don't have it in Europe. (Print & Marketing as you rightly stated)

Anyway, at least we aren't stuck with only one to choose from. :)

incendy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing incendy, loads of users absolutely love the focus, i think it's a hideous plasticy looking dated thing. (Gets coat for a sharp exit) :)

I have never seen it in the flesh as we don't have it in Europe. (Print & Marketing as you rightly stated)

Anyway, at least we aren't stuck with only one to choose from. :)

I am with you on the focus too, I don't like the looks of it especially in photos but it still looks nicer to me than the Radar haha. It doesn't matter, I just worry that it isn't helping the Windows Phone brand, especially when it is on their Mango demo on Facebook.

I want the platform to succeed and I just don't feel that this device will be seen very favorably by the masses. Even though there are many devices, first impressions mean a lot.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am with you on the focus too, I don't like the looks of it especially in photos but it still looks nicer to me than the Radar haha. It doesn't matter, I just worry that it isn't helping the Windows Phone brand, especially when it is on their Mango demo on Facebook.

I want the platform to succeed and I just don't feel that this device will be seen very favorably by the masses. Even though there are many devices, first impressions mean a lot.
Couldn't agree more incendy. Although many may like the Radar too. (But they have no taste) LOL ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3