Mango is great but one thing still annoys me!!

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
...and the only colors that don't fry your eyeballs while reading text messages is crap-brown or puke-green. The metro UI is very,very ugly prison.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
If you want more color on your start screen pin more apps to it-plenty of color on my start screen with 48 tiles on it.
And yea we still should have more colors to choose from. I would think it would an easy update to do.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
not being able to change the color of individual tiles really bugs me. i have a lot of the default wp7 tiles (phone, ie, messaging, email) bunched together at the top and hate that they all look the same. also wish we could change the artist picture that shows up on the zune tile/lock screen. some of the artist pictures look terrible when pinned to the start screen or on the zune tile.

Move the tiles around, mix in some live tiles that are animated. My start screen has zero static tiles until I scroll down. Every single one of the tiles on my start screen move or do something and it gets peoples attention. Plus I think it looks cool.

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
- I hope that, by the time Apollo comes out, they will introduce gradients for the live tiles.

- I also hope that they will introduce a color wheel for choosing the accent color, in addition to the default choices.

- Many people I know are put off by the fact that you can't have a wallpaper on the start screen. Having that option would be nice.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
What is MS thinking?! You'd think one of the easiest upgrades would be to allow backgrounds and more color themes... It's amazing the things they leave out. I'm going to admit that I love WP7, but I don't think MS is going to move fast enough in the right direction to ever capture much of a market share... <sigh>

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I see absolutely NO reason not to have more theme colors except for maybe the fact that some colors wouldn't look good with white or black text.

That being said, they could allow you to change text color too. All that in itself would be a pretty large update though.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think they can easily add colors if they chose to...they already did with the mango color.

There must be a reason for them to not to...maybe they only want the colors that is easily readable...especially in the calendar when it's super small?

L

lumic

Both background colour customization and custom accent colours are possible by editing the registry or using apps design to edit the registry for you. You just need to be unlocked so you can sideload them. Example of a tool that does accent colours (among many other things:

TouchXperience • View topic - Advanced Configuration Tool for WP7 beta

I've currently got five custom accent colours. I can't be bothered changing the background colours because the black is great for contrast on SAMOLED.

Otherwise, you can hope that Microsoft hires this guy:

http://jozefkocur.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-wp7-apollo-concept.html

Last edited:

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
More color choices would be great, really. Even better would be the ability to make each tile a different color. Gradient, eh, ok, but I doubt I'd use it that much.

What would be nice is what the iPhone and Android people have had for some time, which is the ability to add custom ALERT TONES. I think Microsoft threw us a bond with custom ringtones, but all that did was just aggrivate me even more. I use my phone for texts and emails more than I do actually making calls, so having the ability to assign custom alert tones by contact or group would be a miracle for me.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Both background colour customization and custom accent colours are possible by editing the registry or using apps design to edit the registry for you. You just need to be unlocked so you can sideload them. Example of a tool that does accent colours (among many other things:

TouchXperience • View topic - Advanced Configuration Tool for WP7 beta

I've currently got five custom accent colours. I can't be bothered changing the background colours because the black is great for contrast on SAMOLED.

Otherwise, you can hope that Microsoft hires this guy:

New WP7 Apollo Concept | Jozef's Blog

99% of customers would not want to use such an app, so it's a big product FAIL by MSFT.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind about more colors, no matter which one I try, I end up coming back to the adorable green hue :) It's my favorite color, so I'm set.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with black and white for the background, but would love the ability to change the tiles color by category.

For example, all my social apps one color and my news apps another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs