seriously need your guys help

msweston7#WP

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
ok so i had mango beta 2 installed no problems what so ever but decided to downgrae to nodo to upgrade to the official so i used installed zune 4.7 and used the restore file however it kept saying my phine wasnt recognised and had n choice to reinstall zune 4.8 again at whcih point it said my phone had an update which was mango 7720 so i let it do it and it installed fine.. but now i get an anoying message tone loop that randomly starts and the only way i can stp it is by putting the charger in.. and now i have also found out my phone is not being recognised in zune and the laptop wont install the driver files.. i havent a clue what to do any ideas??

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your phone? That's what I try whenever Zune won't recognize my phone. Usually that fixes it.

If not though, I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling Zune. I'm not sure if Zune will delete your backup if you uninstall it (probably not), but I would copy it to a different location first just to be safe. Then hopefully it will recognize your phone and you can roll it back and try again if you want.

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add a couple of things that might help:

- Microsoft has a nice utility called "Fix it" that will scan your system and attempt to diagnose/fix why it isn't detecting your Windows Phone: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=211441

- This page has some useful steps for troubleshooting zune failing to recognize your phone (It also links to the fix it utility): Zune Software Connection | Windows Phone Software Update | Windows Phone 7

- Some USB cables only support charging. If you connect your phone to a computer using one of those, it will charge but the computer will not detect the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3