Google Won't Sync

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I added a contact through my phone. It synced in the Gmail contact list, but it did not sync to my Hotmail contact list. I had to it manually, shouldn't it do that automatically?

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought it defaulted to Hotmail and then you could choose to add it to gmail as well. I could be wrong but I thought that's how it worked. As of right now I have just my Hotmail contacts syncing due to this gmail contacts bug, I hope its worked out soon!

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
When I checked into it a little more. I noticed, when you add contact to your phone via the phone. It gives an option of either Google or Windows Live. So maybe that could be why it did not default to Windows Live.

Last edited:

willrich354

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Same problem as everyone else. Since I actually use the whole Google group of products this is disastrous for me. What I tried to do was just export everything (contacts and docs wise) to the Microsoft cloud and just do everything from there until a solution is created. The problem is that in Live I tried to import my contacts and it got a effing error! Then I exported a csv file from Gmail and tried to put it into hotmail manually and once again didn't work correctly. It seems like a problem on google's end vs MS (evidenced by the csv file problem). I don't want to manually go through 1500 contacts....

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Same problem as everyone else. Since I actually use the whole Google group of products this is disastrous for me. What I tried to do was just export everything (contacts and docs wise) to the Microsoft cloud and just do everything from there until a solution is created. The problem is that in Live I tried to import my contacts and it got a effing error! Then I exported a csv file from Gmail and tried to put it into hotmail manually and once again didn't work correctly. It seems like a problem on google's end vs MS (evidenced by the csv file problem). I don't want to manually go through 1500 contacts....

Do you have Outlook on your PC? Maybe that could be an option for you. Problems like this is what makes me miss my days with AT&T. Every carrier should have a sim card for contact storage.

grejj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Mango for over a week with no problems, that is, until this Google syncing problem came up yesterday. Removed Google entirely and re-added, but no joy. Turning off contact syncing works and allows me to get my gmail and use my calendar, but the contacts are the most important facet of my Google account.

So, this is obcviously still an issue, and it really blows.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Do you have Outlook on your PC? Maybe that could be an option for you. Problems like this is what makes me miss my days with AT&T. Every carrier should have a sim card for contact storage.

If you have outlook you can easily import all your outlook contacts into hotmail theres a video from pocket now a You tube video that shows how to do it its through hotmail connector for outlook they also have a google connector for outlook the process should be the same I'll track it down (its on my home computer i dont think its on my laptop but I will get the url and post it here in an edit.

willrich354

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Renbob

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Error 80070057

I had the same problem, and read on Sanitize Gmail Contacts For Windows 7 Phone To Avoid Error 80070057 | Martyn Walker | Software Architect | Hiker And Hacker that custom fields on Google contacts can cause this problem...esp birthday fields with the year expressed as 2 digits.

I remembered that I had recently used merge contact on on my Google contact manager to combine a Facebook contact with one I already had in my contact list (Same name, just different email addresses, or so I thought). But when I looked I found it had changed their birthday to 29 September 59 (I guess this was something from Facebook).

I changed the 59 to 1959 and I was able to sync again.

I hope this helps somebody.

Btw If you are not so lucky to find the rogue date straight away, try this: navigate to settings|email+accounts|google on your Windows phone, there are 3 tick boxes to sync Email, Contacts & Calendar. By unchecking contacts I found I was able to sync without problems. This will at least keep you going whilst you hunt for that rogue date!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven