Twitter not showing up in email+accounts?

ndychn

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
hi guys,

have a bit of a problem with mango at the moment!

ive been trying to add my twitter account to my phone but it hasnt been working.

under settings > email + accounts, i click to add twitter, click connect and authorize app etc.. it says connecting to twitter after i enter my account details, shows connecting to twitter then goes back to the main settings menu.

if i click email + accounts, my twitter account isnt there??

ive tried this numerous times, both after resets and after uninstall the twitter app, but it still doesnt show up!

can anyone help?

thank you!!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
can anyone help? :( still jumps back to main settings and no twitter account is listed in the email+accounts page

EXACTLY the same issue! I have even swapped my handset twice. On my third Lumia 800 and cannot get twitter on my email+accounts page. :(

Tried it for over a week now, feel like selling this phone now :/

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Twitter but I just tried to add my account and it worked.

It showed an authorize app screen first. Are you guys sure Windows Live is authorized in Twitter?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
EXACTLY the same issue! I have even swapped my handset twice. On my third Lumia 800 and cannot get twitter on my email+accounts page. :(

Tried it for over a week now, feel like selling this phone now :/

Have you tried adding it from your Windows Live account on the web?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Twitter but I just tried to add my account and it worked.

It showed an authorize app screen first. Are you guys sure Windows Live is authorized in Twitter?

Do you mean that I have to log in to my twitter and autorise windows live separately to what I do on the phone?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have to, but go to Twitter - Settings - Apps. Check if Windows Live is there. Try to revoke access and then add it again

Go to Twitter.com and the settings, revoke windows live access and try again.

Thank you guys - I am going to try that now and report back in a few minutes!

That's one thing I've not done so far. If you do think of anything else, please drop me a line here and I am happy to try that too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers