Calendar woes.

uppercasemad

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, hoping to get some help. I've had my phone for a few months and yesterday upgraded to Mango, which I'm digging.

Anyway, two questions:

- How do I enable Canadian holidays on the calendar? For example, our Thanksgiving is next weekend, not in November. I have the region set as Canada in my phone, but by default it turns on US holidays.
- One of the new Mango features was that apparently you can see your FB friends' birthdays on your calendar, I can't figure out how to turn this on.
- Is there a way to switch to weekly view?

Or is there a 3rd party app that is overall better than the W7P one?

Thanks.

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Regarding your first question, you can add/remove calendars using the Windows Live online interface.

To Remove the US Holidays:

- Go to Sign In and log in with the same Live Id you use with your phone.
- At the top of the screen you should see a Hotmail link.
- If you hover your mouse over it, you should see a calendar link in the pop up menu.
- Once you are on your calendar, you will see all of the additional calendars that you are subscribed to.
- You will probably see that one of them is "US Holidays".
- Right click on the US Holidays calendar and select "Edit".
- From the edit screen, you can choose to delete that calendar.

To add Canadian Holidays:
- From your main calendar screen, click the "Subscribe" link at the top.
- In the "Import or Subscribe" screen, click on the "Find holiday and alternative calendars" link. This will take you to the "Hotmail Calendar Help Center" page.
- At the bottom of this page, you will see a huge list of available calendars.
- Click on the calendar you wish to subscribe to. (In your case Canadian English or French).
- At the top of the "Canada Holidays" calendar, click the "Subscribe to this calendar" link.

Once you are done managing your calendars online, go into the Hotmail inbox on your Windows Phone and hit the "Sync" button to force a manual sync of your live Id. Once the sync is complete, you should see your changes in the calendar app.

- I haven't messed with the Facebook calendars yet so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice there.

- As far as I know, there isn't a weekly view in the calendar. Someone has requested that feature over on the user voice page for Windows Phone, if you would like to vote for it. See here: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...tions/1549665-week-view-in-calendar?ref=title

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
- As far as I know, there isn't a weekly view in the calendar. Someone has requested that feature over on the user voice page for Windows Phone, if you would like to vote for it. See here: Week view in Calendar[/QUOTE]

There are many other choices as well I voted for putting back direct sync with outlook without using EAS but I am thinking about giving Office 365 a whirl for $6.00 a month and has built in EAS.

uppercasemad

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much! I don't really use Windows Live/Hotmail so I didn't even think to check there.

I'll keep waiting for the Facebook integration, but in the mean time this helps a lot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon