Im on Verizon with the HTC Trophy and the mango update made this a brand new phone basically with loads of possibilities i tried to hold out for the ff camera phones but my tp2 was dead and i needed a phone.

so now when the new front facing camera phones come to verizon im forced to pay full retail, or add a line to get one. Anybody else stuck in the same situation?

how will you get a front facing camera with your ccarrier?
    10-01-2011 04:46 PM
    I will just wait for my upgrade, which should come in 8 months.
    10-01-2011 05:03 PM
    I just bought the samsung focus through eBay for 200$, and it's such a nice phone, it's good until my upgrade in June.
    10-01-2011 05:33 PM
    Like Ninjap I will wait for my upgrade in January. And if nothing I want is out then or news is on the horizon of a new phone, I'll wait a bit longer. My focus feels like a new phone now. Sure it has that dent in the upper left casing from where it fell down 4 flights of stairs, but the os runs like new. I'm happy with it.
    10-01-2011 05:58 PM
    I just bought the samsung focus through eBay for 200$, and it's such a nice phone, it's good until my upgrade in June.
    I did the same thing. I jumped at a brand new in box focus for $180, buy it now price. Just received it in the mail yesterday to replace my broken surround.
    10-01-2011 06:10 PM
    Im on Verizon with the HTC Trophy and the mango update made this a brand new phone basically with loads of possibilities i tried to hold out for the ff camera phones but my tp2 was dead and i needed a phone.

so now when the new front facing camera phones come to verizon im forced to pay full retail, or add a line to get one. Anybody else stuck in the same situation?

how will you get a front facing camera with your ccarrier?
    Wow, all that for one feature???? Whatever floats ya boat. I'll wait until my upgrade date.
    10-01-2011 07:53 PM
    I have had quite a few phones with FFC and barely use them. It's good to have, but I'm honestly waiting for the increased specs.
    10-01-2011 08:11 PM
    I can't wait for a front facing camera phone, great for taking pictures of myself and to pick boogers out of my nose. Also video chat I guess.
    10-01-2011 09:17 PM
    Not only am I waiting for FF phones, but Nokia is actually what I'm waiting for. In fact, I think once Nokia releases its WP selection, it will be the only OEM I will consider at all.
    10-01-2011 09:24 PM
    my next phone will be an HTC WP7 with FFC and beats audio once that gets released I'll probably either pay full retail or add a line.
    10-01-2011 09:30 PM
    My focus was free, and I did not have to engage in a contract when I got it (AT&T bought my local carrier, and we had to change phones, as the previous company was CDMA). So I am pretty happy - I still love my Focus, and I can upgrade at any time. I am pretty happy with the Focus, other than the screen burn-in (grr, so ridiculous in this day and age) so I am patiently waiting for the perfect phone to come along.
    10-01-2011 09:31 PM
    If I can't upgrade after I've had my trophy a year I'll probably buy a top phone off contract. I love my phone but I don't think I'll be satisfied with it for two years.
    10-01-2011 09:37 PM
    Waiting for Nokia to announce next month

I"m expecting fantastic things, as this is literally life-or-death for Nokia as a company
    10-01-2011 11:01 PM
    I'm telling you guys, all you need is two well-angled mirrors. :P
    10-01-2011 11:17 PM
    I'm telling you guys, all you need is two well-angled mirrors. :P
    YOU GUYS!!!! YOU DON'T NEED A NEW PHONE: Home | iSnapMe.com

Winterfang and starblade876 like this.
    10-02-2011 12:38 AM
    I never understood the hype around front facing cameras. I personally never use them (I have a 3DS that has one and my old MyTouch 4g had one) and I have never actually seen anybody using one.
    10-02-2011 01:02 AM
    I never understood the hype around front facing cameras. I personally never use them (I have a 3DS that has one and my old MyTouch 4g had one) and I have never actually seen anybody using one.
    Yeah i couldn't care less if my next WP7 didn't have a FFC.

All my previous phones have had one and I used it once many years ago to see what 3G video calling was like. It never did catch on.

No interest in a FFC perhaps it might be fun for Skype video calling when it arrives but I have that feature available on my PC and I never use that either.

Still i guess some users like these things but for me I have no interest in a FFC. :)
    10-02-2011 04:10 AM
    I've seen it used by alot of people. Military familys especially. For me personally though, I don't have a use for them. There would have to be someone I wanted to see on the other side of the camera I'm talking to. also there is the fact that I am typically doing things while on the phone. If I video chat, then I wouldn't be able to accomplish the phone call + work at the same time.
    10-02-2011 05:44 AM
    Yeah i couldn't care less if my next WP7 didn't have a FFC.

All my previous phones have had one and I used it once many years ago to see what 3G video calling was like. It never did catch on.

No interest in a FFC perhaps it might be fun for Skype video calling when it arrives but I have that feature available on my PC and I never use that either.

Still i guess some users like these things but for me I have no interest in a FFC. :)
    I was with u on the not caring about the ffc, but then competition set in when my sister got a iphone 4 (bread and butter, bread and butter,bread and butter). Sorry for the apple talk. Anyway now its like i gotta get the one up again plus the I agree the skype integration is a lil intriguing. That being said if the samsung focus s or flash looks and feels like my focus I'm jumping ship.
    10-02-2011 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD