Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ninjaap

Im on Verizon with the HTC Trophy and the mango update made this a brand new phone basically with loads of possibilities i tried to hold out for the ff camera phones but my tp2 was dead and i needed a phone.

so now when the new front facing camera phones come to verizon im forced to pay full retail, or add a line to get one. Anybody else stuck in the same situation?

how will you get a front facing camera with your ccarrier?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I will just wait for my upgrade, which should come in 8 months.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I just bought the samsung focus through eBay for 200$, and it's such a nice phone, it's good until my upgrade in June.

Like Ninjap I will wait for my upgrade in January. And if nothing I want is out then or news is on the horizon of a new phone, I'll wait a bit longer. My focus feels like a new phone now. Sure it has that dent in the upper left casing from where it fell down 4 flights of stairs, but the os runs like new. I'm happy with it.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    I just bought the samsung focus through eBay for 200$, and it's such a nice phone, it's good until my upgrade in June.
    I did the same thing. I jumped at a brand new in box focus for $180, buy it now price. Just received it in the mail yesterday to replace my broken surround.

Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    Im on Verizon with the HTC Trophy and the mango update made this a brand new phone basically with loads of possibilities i tried to hold out for the ff camera phones but my tp2 was dead and i needed a phone.

so now when the new front facing camera phones come to verizon im forced to pay full retail, or add a line to get one. Anybody else stuck in the same situation?

how will you get a front facing camera with your ccarrier?
    Wow, all that for one feature???? Whatever floats ya boat. I'll wait until my upgrade date.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I have had quite a few phones with FFC and barely use them. It's good to have, but I'm honestly waiting for the increased specs.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I can't wait for a front facing camera phone, great for taking pictures of myself and to pick boogers out of my nose. Also video chat I guess.

Not only am I waiting for FF phones, but Nokia is actually what I'm waiting for. In fact, I think once Nokia releases its WP selection, it will be the only OEM I will consider at all.

Banned

my next phone will be an HTC WP7 with FFC and beats audio once that gets released I'll probably either pay full retail or add a line.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    My focus was free, and I did not have to engage in a contract when I got it (AT&T bought my local carrier, and we had to change phones, as the previous company was CDMA). So I am pretty happy - I still love my Focus, and I can upgrade at any time. I am pretty happy with the Focus, other than the screen burn-in (grr, so ridiculous in this day and age) so I am patiently waiting for the perfect phone to come along.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    If I can't upgrade after I've had my trophy a year I'll probably buy a top phone off contract. I love my phone but I don't think I'll be satisfied with it for two years.

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Waiting for Nokia to announce next month

I"m expecting fantastic things, as this is literally life-or-death for Nokia as a company

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I'm telling you guys, all you need is two well-angled mirrors. :P

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade876 View Post
    I'm telling you guys, all you need is two well-angled mirrors. :P
    YOU GUYS!!!! YOU DON'T NEED A NEW PHONE: Home | iSnapMe.com

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    I never understood the hype around front facing cameras. I personally never use them (I have a 3DS that has one and my old MyTouch 4g had one) and I have never actually seen anybody using one.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZora View Post
    I never understood the hype around front facing cameras. I personally never use them (I have a 3DS that has one and my old MyTouch 4g had one) and I have never actually seen anybody using one.
    Yeah i couldn't care less if my next WP7 didn't have a FFC.

All my previous phones have had one and I used it once many years ago to see what 3G video calling was like. It never did catch on.

No interest in a FFC perhaps it might be fun for Skype video calling when it arrives but I have that feature available on my PC and I never use that either.

Still i guess some users like these things but for me I have no interest in a FFC. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

I've seen it used by alot of people. Military familys especially. For me personally though, I don't have a use for them. There would have to be someone I wanted to see on the other side of the camera I'm talking to. also there is the fact that I am typically doing things while on the phone. If I video chat, then I wouldn't be able to accomplish the phone call + work at the same time.
    Sent from Something Somwhere

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Yeah i couldn't care less if my next WP7 didn't have a FFC.

All my previous phones have had one and I used it once many years ago to see what 3G video calling was like. It never did catch on.

No interest in a FFC perhaps it might be fun for Skype video calling when it arrives but I have that feature available on my PC and I never use that either.

Still i guess some users like these things but for me I have no interest in a FFC. :)
    I was with u on the not caring about the ffc, but then competition set in when my sister got a iphone 4 (bread and butter, bread and butter,bread and butter). Sorry for the apple talk. Anyway now its like i gotta get the one up again plus the I agree the skype integration is a lil intriguing. That being said if the samsung focus s or flash looks and feels like my focus I'm jumping ship.