Now that you've had Mango for a week...

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
What do you think?

Here are some of my thoughts:
- Very few apps have been updated to take advantage of Mango, and even fewer apps have been released that use the new APIs. Disappointing...
- While I do like some of the changes they've made, they have also went a couple steps backwards when changing the interface for ie9. No more fullscreen, too many steps to change tabs/add favorites, and lack of find in page really frustrates me.
- Using the phone with battery saver off is not a good idea, battery drains way too fast when using multi-tasking.
- Bing sucks, I hate that I have to use google for everything like searching/maps.

This is pretty much my rant thread, but I have thought about it a lot over the past week and I just don't see Mango adding enough features or fixing enough problems for me to stay on wp7. I think I'm going to buy an iphone 5 :(

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Errg no one has Mango for a week, it came out Tuesday :p

Edit: Getting an iphone 5 is an excellent idea, sad to know Mango didn't cut it for you.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Work fine for me...get the iphone 5 and go rant someplace else. Many of us here are happy and don't care for you're negativity.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Now now attacking will not solve anything. Even though none of him complains seem to be much of a big deal. it clearly affects him.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
- All apps will eventually be updated to Mango.
- Everyone complained about the address bar not being visible while holding the phone horizontally. You can't please everyone I guess. As for "too many steps," it requires one more tap of your finger. I'm sorry man but that's just lazy.
- Battery life has not changed for me. But, if multitasking is a problem for you, you don't have to use it or turn battery saver on. Go to settings, flip to Applications, then background tasks and edit from there.
- Bing has been proven in many tests to provide equivalent or better search results than Google. If you think Bing sucks it's all in your head, I'm sorry. Plus with Vision, Music, and Local Scout it's better than ever.

So, I am not seeing any reason to jump ship to the next iPhone. The OS is stale because of lack of aesthetic changes. You get one update every 14 months. You're locked into Apple's ecosystem. WP7 has better battery life than iOS with or without multitasking. And with iPhone there's not even a search button therefor you're going to have to go through the "trouble" of opening a webpage and going to Google anyway; except you can't Pin Google like you can in WP7 ;)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it didn't work out for you. There are workarounds but once you have something made up in your mind, it's hard to change it

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
After having mango nearly a week I'm absolutely loving it. My wife's iPhone 4 is a slug compared to my phone now. Mango isn't perfect but it has exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I crack up when I see people start threads like this. Ok yea everyone is entitled to their opinion about something (The OP's being his disappointment with Mango), but what was the point of throwing in that he is getting an iPhone 5????

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Sad thing is noone here knows that I've had Mango RTM on my phone for over 2 months, I was hoping that once Mango was officially released it would be better and more apps would be out. But if anything it's worse than RTM.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Sad thing is noone here knows that I've had Mango RTM on my phone for over 2 months, I was hoping that once Mango was officially released it would be better and more apps would be out. But if anything it's worse than RTM.

By that last line, you need to go. Seriously.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Am i right in saying that such a thing doesn't even exist yet? Not sure I'd commit to buying something with no information about it.

Right! I keep hearing all the "I'm getting the iphone 5, it's gonna be awesome" I'm not knocking apple at all being as I am getting ready to get an ipad this week. But the phone doesnt even exist yet, and from what I have read about it...not going to be much different than the ip4. I heard the main feature was going to be voice control...lol

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im loving it ..

and so many good apps coming :D:D:D:D:D:D:D and new games cross platform RPGs announced..

ITS GONA BE EPIC!!!!

i just love people saying .. ** huh mango been out for 1 week and i still dont have allot of apps** that show me how Ignorant you are when it comes to app development. ... its been 1 week tard ball...... it takes time ....

they already announce games and apps that are 100% better then we have . and better apps are already showing up so you know that wp7.5 has SOOO MUCH more potential.

Check out: WOWO WORLD ( xlb Xplatform comming soon , its the first one .. with MANY MANY more to come )

regarding the battery , am i the only one that doesn’t see the battery sucking?? lol its the same if not better then it was.. ok sure if you run 100 live tiles and have all the location on and wifi and bluetooth... lol thats normal ****.

Last edited:

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
im loving it ..

and so many good apps coming :D:D:D:D:D:D:D and new games cross platform RPGs announced..

ITS GONA BE EPIC!!!!

i just love people saying .. ** huh mango been out for 1 week and i still dont have allot of apps** that show me how Ignorant you are when it comes to app development. ... its been 1 week tard ball...... it takes time ....

they already announce games and apps that are 100% better then we have . and better apps are already showing up so you know that wp7.5 has SOOO MUCH more potential.

Check out: WOWO WORLD ( xlb Xplatform comming soon , its the first one .. with MANY MANY more to come )

they alredy announce games that are 100% better then we have . and better aps are already showing up so you know that wp7.5 has SOOO MUCH more potential.

regarding the battery , am i the only one that doesn?t see the battery sucking?? lol its the same if not better then it was.. ok sure if you run 100 live tiles and have all the location on and wifi and bluetooth... lol thats normal ****.

I agree, and my battery is the same if not better. After 12 hours the other day I had 50% left, I did use the phone somewhat moderately

Mary Lynn

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Some observations:
1. The data and phone radios work MUCH better on my LG quantum than they did pre-update. I can pull in signal anywhere at my workplace now instead of just outside or at my desk (I work in a shipyard full of steel structures).
2. The phones seems faster, everything feels like it got a 10% speed boost.
3. I can wait for apps to catch up with mango, so far all mine work fine.
4. The improvements made to the music player are worth the cost of entry.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'll say this: no software is perfect, neither is Mango. But crucially this is still an evolving OS, getting better with each update and MS does listen to feedback. So possibly some of the UI issues could be resolved in a future update. No one knows for sure. No issues with battery here, BTW.

When I think of Windows 8 and the coming integration with the Xbox as well its basically a no-brainer decision to stay with WP7 and later iterations.

However after having a WP7 since December I can say, even though not perfect I am about as happy as can be with Mango and will not be swapping to any other OS. Ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte