Has Mango been held back...?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The day Mango dropped, I plugged in my HTC Arrive and received Mango at around 2:00 p.m. I recently went back to scratch NoDo (in case some bugs were present from my having apps or something) and now Mango won't push to my phone, and no updates are recognized.

Could they have pulled it for bug fixes?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
not that i know of

dint see any news... just force it to upload it should work prety fast.

-turn off all data connection on phone
-turn off auto updates
- conenct to zune
-go to update page ( count to 3 steam boats )
-pull internet
-wait 20 sec
-connect internet
-upgrade to mango :)

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
not that i know of

dint see any news... just force it to upload it should work prety fast.

-turn off all data connection on phone
-turn off auto updates
- conenct to zune
-go to update page ( count to 3 steam boats )
-pull internet
-wait 20 sec
-connect internet
-upgrade to mango :)

i was wanting to avoid this because there are bugs present if you force it....and it could also be the culprit for people with bad battery life...

I find it strange my phone isn't in the update que, yet it was the first day Mango dropped. After I restored to the first NoDo, it found an update for 7392, then it says my phone is up to date....

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
has anyone else experienced this?

not at all!

i forced my mango update and it works fine!!! no battery problem no bugs nothing .

its possible u dont have it yet depending on carrier and phone model.

MS basically put restriction that only a % of WP7 customers could get the update ( at first ) to prevent system crash and over population on the network. meaning your update is ready , they just haven’t release it to YOU yet. ( the force update fixes that ) you get the RTM/OEMs update in the forced method just like the regular update.

what i think happened to you is: the update was there . the system might of thought u got it when u reverted and put u in the BACK of the queue.

i think a good 70-90% of the people did a force update and what 2-5% complain about battery problems. and any other bug can be fixed with a simple HARDRESET.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i was wanting to avoid this because there are bugs present if you force it....and it could also be the culprit for people with bad battery life...

I find it strange my phone isn't in the update que, yet it was the first day Mango dropped. After I restored to the first NoDo, it found an update for 7392, then it says my phone is up to date....

Why do people think that by "forcing" the update they are getting a different version of Mango? Everyone will get the correct version, because MS server checks your phones IMEI number to verify h/w and s/w versions. There is no danger of getting the wrong version of Mango.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
not at all!

i forced my mango update and it works fine!!! no battery problem no bugs nothing .

its possible u dont have it yet depending on carrier and phone model.

MS basically put restriction that only a % of WP7 customers could get the update ( at first ) to prevent system crash and over population on the network. meaning your update is ready , they just haven?t release it to YOU yet. ( the force update fixes that ) you get the RTM/OEMs update in the forced method just like the regular update.

what i think happened to you is: the update was there . the system might of thought u got it when u reverted and put u in the BACK of the queue.

i think a good 70-90% of the people did a force update and what 2-5% complain about battery problems. and any other bug can be fixed with a simple HARDRESET.

well, the issue I've seen people mention is that when you plug in your headphones and slide out the keyboard and close it that your phone stops the music because specific weren't installed on the device via the forced method way...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
does are random issues .

like Ninja said . the forced update ALL it does it allow you to get YOUR UPDATE! ..there are Post somewhere that COMFIRM you get all OEM/RTM updates ( soo nothing is missing )

your not gona get like a ROGERS FOCUS update if your on BELL with a HD7 , lol

the bugs are just bugs .. legit or not lol if mango has bugs we are all doomed.

like i said i got ZERO bugs on my mango and i did the forced update

as for MANGO killing your battery that simply not true .... Software doesn’t KILL a battery lol.

2 things can happen here:

1. they have 1million freaking apps using location /wifi/bleutooth, Live tiles ..ect.....
2. they damaged there battery buy not charging it the proper way the first time. ( and seeing allot of NOOBS posting the battery problems , it basically supports this theory. )

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
does are random issues .

like Ninja said . the forced update ALL it does it allow you to get YOUR UPDATE! ..there are Post somewhere that COMFIRM you get all OEM/RTM updates ( soo nothing is missing )

your not gona get like a ROGERS FOCUS update if your on BELL with a HD7 , lol

the bugs are just bugs .. legit or not lol if mango has bugs we are all doomed.

like i said i got ZERO bugs on my mango and i did the forced update

i guess i'll try the forced update...thanks guys

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I had 2 devices that I updated to Mango, one forced and the other got the OTA notification. Dont see any difference in performance or version between the two.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Why do people think that by "forcing" the update they are getting a different version of Mango? Everyone will get the correct version, because MS server checks your phones IMEI number to verify h/w and s/w versions. There is no danger of getting the wrong version of Mango.

So very much this.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
well i can't get it to force so it looks like I may need to go back to my Nexus S for right now until my phone is in the que because I HAVE to have speech-to-text for driving.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
sorry guys....just an update.

I updated my phone to 7392, THEN I did a hard reset. After getting back to Office from lunch, I plugged my phone in and it is now working and I am prompted for an update to 7403.

Maybe it was the hard reset after updating to 7392?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i think reverting back to NODO l might of cost a bug in the system . pretty sure you where suppose to REVERT before you had the prompt to update to mango lol ,

ah well , im glad your gona get it now :)

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
i think reverting back to NODO l might of cost a bug in the system . pretty sure you where suppose to REVERT before you had the prompt to update to mango lol ,

ah well , im glad your gona get it now :)

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by revert? Isn't that flashing back to NoDo (pre 7392) because the Arrive came with Copy-and-Paste (which is a NoDo-and-up only feature).

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by revert? Isn't that flashing back to NoDo (pre 7392) because the Arrive came with Copy-and-Paste (which is a NoDo-and-up only feature).

well first off we got 2 updates . NODO + mango ( and maybe some minor ones that htc Samsung Lg might have released , but does dont count. lol)

no,
- i thought u said you had MANGO beta(or RTM )
- then your phone prompt you to get the REAL mango
- then you reverted....( back to NODO what ever OS you had stock )
- then your phone might of alredy thought it had Mango , hence why it dint come back and you had to do a hard reset...

i may be wrong here.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
well first off we got 2 updates . NODO + mango ( and maybe some minor ones that htc Samsung Lg might have released , but does dont count. lol)

no,
- i thought u said you had MANGO beta(or RTM )
- then your phone prompt you to get the REAL mango
- then you reverted....( back to NODO what ever OS you had stock )
- then your phone might of alredy thought it had Mango , hence why it dint come back and you had to do a hard reset...

i may be wrong here.

no, I had official Mango, reverted back to NoDo (pre 7392), updated to 7392, and it wouldn't find the Mango update. I have it now, so i'm speculating two things:

1. They don't roll out updates until after 2 or a certain time (as of now)
2. The hard reset "fixed" something

Either way, just glad I have Mango back and don't have to go back to the Nexus (although it's hard because of the apps and sexier hardware than my Arrive).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes