I hate the way the media sucks on apples mangoes

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty funny. The only reason articles like this get posted is because any article about apple gets about 746287493638 hits. The only way to stop it is to not click on it. So I'll do my part and summarize so nobody has to read it.

"Apple investor says you should buy more iPhones"

There, now you don't have to read it ;)

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well, looks like the iOS feature is a fair bit more advanced than what anyone else has.

Are you talking about Siri? Been wondering when they were going to start integrating that feature. IIRC, Apple bought that app a couple years back.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally would kind of feel like an idiot talking to my phone like it was a person. But that's just me. I am pretty happy with Tell Me.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, looks like the iOS feature is a fair bit more advanced than what anyone else has.

how do u figure? iOS5 does NOT bring anything to the table that already isn't brought by mango. it will also be interesting to see how iOS5 is going to run on those older devices.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I was specifically talking about Siri, which is clearly more advanced than anything on WP7. However I should have said iPhone 4S, not iOS5.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
and how do u know this? have u actually used it? u haven't.

I've seen the demos and read all the tech site reviews of their hands-on experiences. So unless literally everyone is lying, it is more advanced.

You need to relax, guy - if you go through life getting worked up every time someone suggests MS aren't perfect you're going to have a heart attack! :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the demos and read all the tech site reviews of their hands-on experiences. So unless literally everyone is lying, it is more advanced.

You need to relax, guy - if you go through life getting worked up every time someone suggests MS aren't perfect you're going to have a heart attack! :)

Exactly, every OS platform has its own strengths and weaknesses. Why does it bother people what others think?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Magical?

True, Siri does look amazing, and it does appear to have more features than Windows Phone's voice control system.

But,

Two things:

All we know about it so far is what we have seen in the ads and videos. Now, of course, they can't market something that doesn't exist, so I'm sure the features are amazing, but I highly doubt that it works as magically as suggested.

The other thing. Just like Windows Phone's voice control system, it is more of a marketing thing than an actual feature that people use day in and day out. It is just one portion of an amazing OS. Personally, I primarily only use the voice commands when I am driving for making calls and composing SMS. If I ever use the other features, it is just to show someone the capability.

Tech gadgets are sold because they do something that someone needs or (more often) wants. Apple is just plain and simple better at marketing than Microsoft. (And Siri is probably better than Tell Me.) :-(

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
how do u figure? iOS5 does NOT bring anything to the table that already isn't brought by mango. it will also be interesting to see how iOS5 is going to run on those older devices.

iOS 5 has notification center. No such thing exists in mango. And please don't say the me hub notifications.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So does WP Mango "not" have any unique features that this revolutionary new iOS5 has.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't have Siri. It doesnt even have anything comparable to vlingo. I mean. It's really not about new features. It's missing features from iOS 4.3.5 as well.

Who cares. Just get what you prefer to use. There's nothing wrong with liking something different, even if you're in the minority.

And I'm posting from this device because board express pro on wp7 is super-terrible and is long due for an update. Why didn't the tapatalk people develop their own wp7 app?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
All we know about it so far is what we have seen in the ads and videos. Now, of course, they can't market something that doesn't exist, so I'm sure the features are amazing, but I highly doubt that it works as magically as suggested.

Not quite true - quite a few tech sites have had hands-on time with it and it pretty much worked as expected. And this is a beta and the software is still learning.

I think it'll be a feature that stuns people when they see/try it for the first time, much like the first time I saw WordLens running on an iPhone.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Not quite true - quite a few tech sites have had hands-on time with it and it pretty much worked as expected. And this is a beta and the software is still learning.

I think it'll be a feature that stuns people when they see/try it for the first time, much like the first time I saw WordLens running on an iPhone.

I'm not saying that it is crap. And I'm not saying that it is all a mystery.
In the eyes of most of the public, it is just this intangible theoretical new "thing" that looks really cool. I'm sure it works well. It is still not a reality for most people. Still in the fantasy stage.

I understand how what I'm saying could be considered splitting hairs, so I'll just leave it at that... ;)

DarkFears

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You know... I went through 4 iPhones in about 2 years. The build quality feels solid looks solid, in all actuality, it was the worst phone I ever owned. I know perhaps my experience was unique. I didn't like iPhone from a hardware perspective, or from the iOs perspective. I hated the android os, although they do get the better hardware simply due to overwhelming popularity.

About 5 months ago my wife and I switched back to att. As students we didn't have much extra cash to drop on phones, so my wife clicked on several phones which were free at the time, she was unaware that they were wp7's.

When we got the phones I immediately got irritated that she hadnt clicked on android phones, and instead had picked these wp7 devices. I didn't care about wp7, I didn't want to. I immediately vowed to use our 30 day exchanges and get androids. But it didn't exactly work out that way.
I was terribly busy at the time and didn't get around to it. After about a week I realized that Microsoft was truly on to something. Aside from missing features I had absolutely no complaints, once again I could almost flawlessly text at speed, use everything on the phone without errors, and within a week I had also accidently ran over my wife's phone with the car. Screen cracked, body cracked, her phone still displays and works fine. We love our Samsung foci and we will never judge a phone by its os again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon