Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Sprint's love affair with the whorish Android is no secret but since its betting the farm on Apple that leaves Windows Phone out in the cold:

http://goo.gl/BQ7Ho
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
    Thanked by:

I hope it works out for Sprint. I'd hate to see them go out of business.

But it's a big risk they're taking. This was probably something they should have done over a year ago. It might be too little, too late now.

Global Posts
    2,853 Global Posts
    Sad for Sprint users.
    Banned

sprint is a launch partner for wp7. I doubt they will have a big turnaround seeing that their Ev data speeds are slower than even the smaller carriers such as USCC/Cellular south and cricket/metroPCS. even worse they promised me my data issues would be resolved by 9/30, well it isn't, its been 8 mos now. WTF sprint? how hard can it be to fix a dam tower?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theman60099 View Post
    sprint is a launch partner for wp7. I doubt they will have a big turnaround seeing that their Ev data speeds are slower than even the smaller carriers such as USCC/Cellular south and cricket/metroPCS. even worse they promised me my data issues would be resolved by 9/30, well it isn't, its been 8 mos now. WTF sprint? how hard can it be to fix a dam tower?
    call them up again or call the Airave support team.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,263 Global Posts
    Of course it's only speculation, but I just read that Sprint is the only carrier getting the iPhone 5. AT&T and Verizon are getting the iPhone 4S. Next year AT&T and Verizon will get the iPhone 5 with LTE.

Will $20B Apple Deal Net Sprint an iPhone 5 Exclusive?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Of course it's only speculation, but I just read that Sprint is the only carrier getting the iPhone 5. AT&T and Verizon are getting the iPhone 4S. Next year AT&T and Verizon will get the iPhone 5 with LTE.

Will $20B Apple Deal Net Sprint an iPhone 5 Exclusive?
    It is just like Sprint to jump on the iPhone bandwagon as people are passing them by. They make the worst decisions. If they didn't have the best plans, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. Right now, I'm waiting to see which carrier gets the best next-gen WP devices.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    If they can snag iPhone 5 exclusive [which I think is a dumb rumor], sprint just won. That would be the best decision they ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    It is just like Sprint to jump on the iPhone bandwagon as people are passing them by. They make the worst decisions. If they didn't have the best plans, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. Right now, I'm waiting to see which carrier gets the best next-gen WP devices.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,263 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    If they can snag iPhone 5 exclusive [which I think is a dumb rumor], sprint just won. That would be the best decision they ever made.
    We'll find out today.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm seeing new reports that there will be no iPhone 5, just new iPhone 4S.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Wouldn't most want an LTE over Wi-Max iPhone?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,263 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders80 View Post
    I would sure want LTE over Wi-Max.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    call them up again or call the Airave support team.
    I tried that back in April and they wanted to charge me for it so I said no deal. plus my high speed internet connection at home isn't consistent anyway because we always have trouble paying the bill. I shouldn't have to get an airvana in order to be able to receive the speeds advertised, especially since I get average signal in my house. I didn't have to use an airwave/vana last year or even the year before to get the advertised speeds. why should I have to now? and who know if it would even make a difference.

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders80 View Post
    right now they are saying VZN and Sprints next ipones are still EV DO RevA from what I read!

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    If I owned Sprint stock, I would sell it. They just bet $20 billion to get a 3g version of the iPhone that isn't even a major upgrade from the previous one. That was a HUGE gamble.

In a way I wish them success, because I want to see a low-cost carrier stick it to the big guys. But I have a hard time believing this insanely huge investment will will ever pay off.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    If I owned Sprint stock, I would sell it. They just bet $20 billion to get a 3g version of the iPhone that isn't even a major upgrade from the previous one. That was a HUGE gamble.

In a way I wish them success, because I want to see a low-cost carrier stick it to the big guys. But I have a hard time believing this insanely huge investment will will ever pay off.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    Exactly my thoughts. If they were just getting the iPhone and keeping the rest of their business the same they may have been ok, but they are twisting the whole business around. They killed the premier program, slashed their 30 day return policy to 14 days, raised their smartphone plan rates, and their customer service, which just 6 months ago was willing to do anything to keep me happy, now they are fighting me tooth and nail over a difference of 5 days on the return policy leaving me stuck with 2 nightmarish android phones.

Everyone has the iPhone now...so it won't bring in any new customers. Because of their newly lousy customer service and lousy phone selection I finally went in to ATT to compare plans. Surprise surprise...we will SAVE $20 a month at ATT on our 4 line family plan. Plus they actually have phones that aren't Android.

Once I offload these stupid EVO 3Ds I am going to suck up the ETF and get a WP7 phone from ATT. Hopefully at that point the mighty Titan will be there.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/180046.htm

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistjack View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. If they were just getting the iPhone and keeping the rest of their business the same they may have been ok, but they are twisting the whole business around. They killed the premier program, slashed their 30 day return policy to 14 days, raised their smartphone plan rates, and their customer service, which just 6 months ago was willing to do anything to keep me happy, now they are fighting me tooth and nail over a difference of 5 days on the return policy leaving me stuck with 2 nightmarish android phones.

Everyone has the iPhone now...so it won't bring in any new customers. Because of their newly lousy customer service and lousy phone selection I finally went in to ATT to compare plans. Surprise surprise...we will SAVE $20 a month at ATT on our 4 line family plan. Plus they actually have phones that aren't Android.

Once I offload these stupid EVO 3Ds I am going to suck up the ETF and get a WP7 phone from ATT. Hopefully at that point the mighty Titan will be there.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Cool! I'm tempted to switch to AT&T myself. Being the USA's biggest & most compatible GSM carrier has its advantages. I figure I'll wait until the end of the year, to see what Nokia & others might have for T-Mobile.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharksandwich View Post
    Cool! I'm tempted to switch to AT&T myself. Being the USA's biggest & most compatible GSM carrier has its advantages. I figure I'll wait until the end of the year, to see what Nokia & others might have for T-Mobile.
    I'm right there with ya.....still giving Sprint until the end of the year until I jump ship if I see no new phones coming to them and they stay on the iPhone and Android kool-aid.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Uss cellular. Better bring. There ****. 2

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
    You have to love windows phone 7 with some mango!!!