What do you think?

TricBox

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think the next mp3 portable player battle is WP7 vs. iPhone. There haven't been any new ipod updates released yet or really rumored. I'm already starting to use my WP7 over my 1st gen touch for music. I also noticed alot of what is rumored to be announced for Apple's iOS 5 is taken from WP7. So is the next mp3 battle against phones and services? Is iOS 5 ripping off from WP7?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
That depends on a few things but this being a WP7 forum, I'm going to suggest that if you have no preference.
1) What size phone do you want? Bigger than 3.5" - WP7 becomes your only option (although in a few hrs Apple is launching a new iPhone, maybe it will be bigger)
2) Storage size, how much do you need? If both offer what you whant the it doesn't really matter.
3) Apps. Do you have an investment made anywhere? I have heaps of iOS apps, but they are mostly useless and I got them just to play around. WP7 has most of the core apps people use today anyway, so if this isn't an issue, I'd got for Apple purely because they have more apps.

I know that's pretty general but it's the main points to cover. Bottom line: if WP7 meets your needs, get it, otherwise go for Apple.

TricBox

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
@boss.king I already have a Focus (since Dec. 2010) I'm just trying to get everyone's idea on the changing landscape of PMP and phones. Zune HD player is gone and I think the iPod may soon go way of the Dodo too. Any thoughts?

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just because MS stopped making them doesn't mean Zune is gone. Mrs. 'tude and I chose Zune over iPod years ago and our Zunes won't be gone until they pry them out of our cold dead fingers!

Some speculate that MS may release a non-phone WP media player. I'll believe it when I see it but at least one "typing-head" has thrown it out there.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

DanyDude

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not yet decided if I should buy an iPhone 4 or an wp 7. I like wp's software and the physical keyboard, but I think I'll go with the iPhone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs