Introduction and question regarding Voice-to-Text in Windows Phone.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

It cope's not too bad with my Scottish accent which is in itself quite amazing as no other software i have ever tried did. LOL

I think you are right about the longer you go on for it gets more confused.

Sometimes it's spot on, it can vary. Great if you get lucky.

You can only 'Try Again' and start it all over again. :(

Best laugh i had after trying to text 3 times unsuccessfully, was when i said in utter frustration. 'You Are Crap!' back came her reply, 'You Are Right', i nearly wet myself LOL :)

As Microsoft have purchased Skype as i'm sure you know, it's only a matter of time before it'll appear.

Always nice to see new WP7 users, so welcome along Bearach. :)

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
lol, I know. Me and my girlfriend sat there for a long time, (not sure how long) laughing and joking about how it just couldn't get this one sentence. We both tried and the first one to get it right would owe the other dinner. Well, neither of us got it right. Still it did give some funny sentences in return.

It does have to connect I think to a server (I believe), so maybe it can get better in time as they increase voice samples or something? I don't know. Oh well, it does get me sometimes, which is more than some people lol.

Think you got the best reply though, I will have to try that now! See what I get.
Yes well it was really funny for me, as I had 4 friends in, and we all went into hysterics.

We must be easily amused, but it was so unexpected. :)

Yes it does have to connect, and hopefully it's trying to learn all our different accents. :)

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

It cope's not too bad with my Scottish accent which is in itself quite amazing as no other software i have ever tried did. LOL

I think you are right about the longer you go on for it gets more confused.

Sometimes it's spot on, it can vary. Great if you get lucky.

You can only 'Try Again' and start it all over again. :(

Best laugh i had after trying to text 3 times unsuccessfully, was when i said in utter frustration. 'You Are Crap!' back came her reply, 'You Are Right', i nearly wet myself LOL :)

As Microsoft have purchased Skype as i'm sure you know, it's only a matter of time before it'll appear.

Always nice to see new WP7 users, so welcome along Bearach. :)

Wee Bear thats hilarious and ironic all at the same time stomach exercise also!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs