samsung sgh-i917 1.3 mango update issue

achievingit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was notified that the new update was avail on my phone. For several days I have tried installing the update only to receive the same error While attempting to apply the latest update, I receive the following Update Error: "We couldn't create a backup of your phone" Error Code: 801812DD.

after reading multiple posts in here I finally decided to factory reset my phone since everything i have tried has failed, after doing this my phone now says "your phone is up to date" current version 7.0 (7390)

I then downloaded the windows phone support tool and ran it and I am still getting the message that my phone is up to date. I cant seem to find a answer
reading hundreds of posts. Here is the info from my phone

carrier AT&T
model samsung focus SGH-i917
storage 6.95 gb
os version 7.07390.0
firmware ver 2103.11.3.3
hardware version 3.1.0.7
radio software version 2103.11.3.3
radio hardware version 0.0.0.3
bootloader version 5.3.1.6
Chip SOC version 0.36.2.0
hardware ver 1.3
Zune version 4.8.2345.0
windows 7 home premium SP1 64bit

Dwarfking

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue

I have the same issue "can't back up" but I get error 80180089 instead,
I also have the exact same Phone and firmware that you do with the exemption That I am using an SD card.
Never got the notification and tried to force it with no luck, but I was able to install mango on my wife's Samsung focus 1.3

achievingit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I finally gave up and put some pressure on at&t and they are just going to replace my phone with an updated focus. What a nightmare this update is for a lot of people. Good luck with it!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the same thing because I didn't have enough memory on my laptop. I cleared out all movies/music, and the backup file was smaller. I eded up using my wife's laptop.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I was notified that the new update was avail on my phone. For several days I have tried installing the update only to receive the same error While attempting to apply the latest update, I receive the following Update Error: "We couldn't create a backup of your phone" Error Code: 801812DD.

after reading multiple posts in here I finally decided to factory reset my phone since everything i have tried has failed, after doing this my phone now says "your phone is up to date" current version 7.0 (7390)

I then downloaded the windows phone support tool and ran it and I am still getting the message that my phone is up to date. I cant seem to find a answer
reading hundreds of posts. Here is the info from my phone

carrier AT&T
model samsung focus SGH-i917
storage 6.95 gb
os version 7.07390.0
firmware ver 2103.11.3.3
hardware version 3.1.0.7
radio software version 2103.11.3.3
radio hardware version 0.0.0.3
bootloader version 5.3.1.6
Chip SOC version 0.36.2.0
hardware ver 1.3
Zune version 4.8.2345.0
windows 7 home premium SP1 64bit

I googled the error code and came up with the ofificial MS support page article Installing and troubleshooting problems during the software update for Windows Phone

Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone?

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue "can't back up" but I get error 80180089 instead,
I also have the exact same Phone and firmware that you do with the exemption That I am using an SD card.
Never got the notification and tried to force it with no luck, but I was able to install mango on my wife's Samsung focus 1.3

Typically when you have problems creating any type of backup it boils down to the backup media. In some cases the media is write protected, or there isn't enough space. In the case of the Windows phone, the most likely culprit is hard drive space. The amount of space needed is determined by the amount of stuff on your phone.

In your case Dwarfking, I would try removing the sd card prior to running the update. If your backup works then great, if not, look at the total amount of space on your computers Hard Drive. The exact file location for your backup is %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

NormEckhardt

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue

But, what I did was, after turning off the Wi-Fi and the Data I did a re-boot. Then opened Zune and connected the phone. Then clicked on update.

Remember, these are computers, and to clear the memory - just re-boot.

That was a forced update.

And everything is working great. Have not had one issue.

By the way, my phone is a Samsung Focus

jakomos

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i didnt back up anything

i updated my samsung focus (i917 with att) two days ago. it updated to mango flawlessly. took a little over an hour, and i did it on my desktop. everything works far better than before. (except i still cant get custom ringtones, ugh.)

i got no errors and no odd notices during the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos