"Phantom" marketplace updates

StubbornMinion

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Is anyone else constantly seeing their marketplace tile update to '1', only to go in and find there's no update? It's happening round the clock, since Mango update. Sometimes it'll say '2' and there'll be one real update and another phantom update.

Really annoying. Is there a problem on the phone, on the marketplace, or is an app I have not behaving properly?

StubbornMinion

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, it's now gone up to '2' phantom updates every time. So once in a while the tile will say there are 2 updates, but you go in and there's nothing.

Just now, AppFlow was updated, so the tile said '3', you go into the marketplace and at the bottom it says '1 update'.

This is a pretty significant issue. Is nobody but the two of us seeing it?

markk308

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
yes this has been happening to me for the past couple days. I have 2 updates, go to check them out and it shows me nothing. Samsung Focus

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Not for me only have key ring acrobible NIV and Weather Channel and ezch one of them has been updated in the last week not all on the same day so only got 1 update three different times> It does sound bizarre but maybe there was an nodo update and an mango update and it showed both but only one when you went to update.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No problem here. Have more than 170 apps & games, so I usually get 2 to 4 updates every day, but no phantoms. Updated to Mango the day it was released. No force.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem. I looked into it today when I noticed that ...I'm a WP7! updated and I hadn't received my update, yet my Marketplace tile said 1. Going into the Marketplace, there was no update even though the tile said so. I searched for the app and the "Update" button appeared at the bottom. When I clicked it, however, the Downloads page appeared but nothing started to download. It keeps doing this no matter how many times I try.

StubbornMinion

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Breakthrough.

The number went up to 5. At the same time, I knew there was an update for Mehdoh which I hadn't yet received. After over a day of not receiving it and the tile updating to 5 twice, I figured that the number reflected real updates for apps that for some reason weren't coming through.

Solution: I rebooted the phone. When it started again the marketplace tile wasn't showing any updates, but when I opened it up there were the five updates that had thus far been missing. They're downloading right now.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but when I rebooted my phone the first time I put it in my pocket, and when I took it out of my pocket i had obviously accidentally pushed some buttons when it was in there, because it was on emergency calls only - I must have skipped the SIM pin entry. This is when I saw the 5 missing updates. Of course I couldn't download them with no network connection, so I then rebooted the phone again and made sure I entered the pin, and then went ahead and downloaded the updates. So if this doesn't work for you initially, my suggestion would be to drop the network connection by skipping the sim pin entry, or taking it out. If you then see the updates you should be able to restore connection and download away.

Would be interested to hear how you all get on.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Rebooting my phone fixed the issue, thanks Stubborn.

However, no updates appeared on the Marketplace tile. After rebooting, I entered the Marketplace and they showed up after a few seconds.

ultraprism

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah same here, I seeing this '1' popping about few days back, I have no idea what update is it, I have updated every single app using multitasking switching of screen (that's how I got it update manually, someone tell me if there is another way)

weird '1' popping please tell me its Sound enhancer app for HTC phones

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having quite an opposite problem; my phone won't update apps at all. I sometimes can update apps manually, but usually it will only give me the option to share. Has anyone had this problem?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having quite an opposite problem; my phone won't update apps at all. I sometimes can update apps manually, but usually it will only give me the option to share. Has anyone had this problem?
You sometimes get the share option rather than update, but if you hit the back button and go back to the app the update link will appear. (Providing of course there is actually an updated version)

Sorry if you already knew this Judge_Daniel. :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You sometimes get the share option rather than update, but if you hit the back button and go back to the app the update link will appear. (Providing of course there is actually an updated version)

Sorry if you already knew this Judge_Daniel. :)

Thanks, I'll have to use that from now on. Any idea why I'm not getting update notifications pushed to the tile/marketplace homescreen anymore?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No, i sometimes don't get them for a few days then i have loads all at once Judge_Daniel, no idea why not, but it's not just you. It does work as intended sometimes though.

Oh and thank you for my thanks :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
No, i sometimes don't get them for a few days then i have loads all at once Judge_Daniel, no idea why not, but it's not just you. It does work as intended sometimes though.

Oh and thank you for my thanks :)

Le sigh...alright, I just haven't gotten an update notification in quite some time and I was starting to get worried. I guess I could stop forcing them for a few days and see. :) [Too impatient, lol.]

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Had this. But usually I just assume they need time before rolling out to all users, just like how Microsoft updated Hotmail.
Or it takes time for the phone to update its own catalog to realize there are updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel