Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    In terms of 'no customisation' and uniform hardware specs, I'm curious why they don't mandate PDMI (along with either an Apple-cop-out-mUSB converter, or a secondary mUSB port mandated as well for EU-worthless-pencil-pusher-nonsense-compliance).

You'd have thought 'ecosystem' was the buzzword of the decade and a hardware ecosystem matters as much as software. Instead of having the handset vendors fight it out for proprietary accessories, they could have mandated core functionality of PDMI and then either make that hardware protocol open or license it to third-party makers for a fraction of what Apple demands. Why hasn't the OS or hardware vendors woken up to this is what I'm wondering.
    Banned

no one is twisting any arms and what the F is PDMI?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,265 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theman60099 View Post
    no one is twisting any arms and what the F is PDMI?
    PDMI (Portable Digital Media Interface)
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
  4. lumic
    Here's what I want - a proper standard for in-line controls & microphone on headsets. It's excruciating to narrow down my headset choices to those which have been reported to work with Windows Phone.