A question about the music player

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I know this is probably a dumb question but is there any way to stop a song instead of just pausing it? I'm really starting to like Zune and all it does but it irks me to no end that everytime I press the volume button on my phone, there's the song I was listening to, forever paused and fully loaded to start blasting if I accidentally tap play. The only way I found so far is to completely power off the phone and power back on..

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Only way I ever found was to restart the phone and that seems a bit harsh :)

It mostly make no difference except that since it paused it is possbile to accidentally restart the song. I guess we would call that butt playing instead of butt dialing?

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Only way I ever found was to restart the phone and that seems a bit harsh :)

It mostly make no difference except that since it paused it is possbile to accidentally restart the song. I guess we would call that butt playing instead of butt dialing?

not possible because capacitive screens don't respond to anything other than fingers or capacitive styli.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I used to re-start the phone everytime, until I learned that using the back button quickly close the volume screen ;).

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Pushing the back button..didnt know that, thanks. The paused song could at least stop after a certain amount of time or at least it could be an option in menu/settings. Not enough customization on wp.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it stops after a while. Or maybe not, I'm not sure because I tend to turn off the phone a lot, because I get Sim problems.

Last edited:

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Pre mango im 99% sure that if u just skipped through a cd, then it would end, and there would be no song on que, but post mango it just restarts. But I think playing music from a 3rd party app closes out the qued song from the music hub

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
not possible because capacitive screens don't respond to anything other than fingers or capacitive styli.

Actually inadvertant dialing happens even with capacitive screens. Putting the phone in your shirt pockets can be close enough to the skin to trigger dialing. I know this from experince. I have learned to be sure to lock my phone before putting it my pocket because of this.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
What are some 3rd party apps that play music?.. And while I'm asking, does anyone know of any apps that add more colors or backgrounds?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Last.FM plays music and so does the HTML version of Pandora which you can pin on the screen.

There's not app that ad more colors, you need an unlocked developer version.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I know this is probably a dumb question but is there any way to stop a song instead of just pausing it? I'm really starting to like Zune and all it does but it irks me to no end that everytime I press the volume button on my phone, there's the song I was listening to, forever paused and fully loaded to start blasting if I accidentally tap play. The only way I found so far is to completely power off the phone and power back on..

well, a song is going to play if you accidently tap 'play' whether it's paused or stopped. For all intents it is 'stopped', it's just stopped in the middle instead of jumping back to the beginning. It's not like it's cycling and waiting desperately for you to hit play, it's just a marker in the song timeline.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
If you play a video that's stored on your phone (i.e., one you recorded or one you synced through Zune), it removes the quick music player from the volume drop down. Also, you don't need to play through the whole video; you can pause the video and it'll still remove the mini-player.

Last edited:

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
well, a song is going to play if you accidently tap 'play' whether it's paused or stopped. For all intents it is 'stopped', it's just stopped in the middle instead of jumping back to the beginning. It's not like it's cycling and waiting desperately for you to hit play, it's just a marker in the song timeline.

still I think it should be an option..sometimes I like that it's paused because I want to resume later..but I would also like to be able to stop the song if Im working or done listening. I listen to alot of music and do alot of things musically so I just think it's odd there's no stop button in a music player. Maybe that's why it bothers me more than other people..

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
still I think it should be an option..sometimes I like that it's paused because I want to resume later..but I would also like to be able to stop the song if Im working or done listening. I listen to alot of music and do alot of things musically so I just think it's odd there's no stop button in a music player. Maybe that's why it bothers me more than other people..

nope its fine. if ur worried about accidentally hitting play in public just turn the volume to 0,I'd like to note than I've never done this.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There is no "stop" on the iOS music player either. To get a song playing from the beginning you have to hit the "previous" button or scrub back.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ehh it could be worse. On my BlackBerry there was a physical button that would unpause the audio. There were a few times I'd be walking in public and hear people talking, only to find it was a podcast playing.

Atleast with it being virtual buttons you have to toggle the screen and use your fingers to start the audio.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for ringtones in the app market when I stumbled upon a whole list of albums of scary Halloween ringtones. Each one cost 99 cents or something, and there was a little play arrow next to each tone so you could preview it. After a few seconds I had enough and exited out of marketplace but it kept playing! And then the next tone and then the next.. I had to preview another sound in marketplace just to stop it. But it didn't stop, its PAUSED and now when I use the volume, scary ringtone #5 pops up ready to resume.. Looks like I gotta shut down my phone and restart just to clear it off. Again..a stop button would be a little more logical...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros