Just got my first windows phone

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an ipad, ipod touch, my wife has an iphone 4. I just sold my android phone. Nothing was wrong with it, it was fast and stable but I didn't quite click with it. So now I have this focus.

I've currently got it connected to my mac and it's downloading what I hope is mango right now. Looking at this mac connector software for WP7 I can tell you this is going to be 10x than my android for managing my podcasts which is a big deal for me.

So still getting it setup and some apps downloaded then i'll start bugging you with questions.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
You will love the focus. Replaced an iPhone 4 with mine, and haven't looked back.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the Focus. I've had one since January when they went on sale at AT&T.

I'll be waiting for the Focus S. I have an upgrade on my main line coming up next month (or end of this... can't remember). May be my last smartphone (unless I get them for free) until the iPhone 5 or the next big Windows Phone by Samsung.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Is windows live messenger not built into the messaging app? I have a windows live account setup but the messaging app only seems to connect to facebook and not live messenger.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Is windows live messenger not built into the messaging app? I have a windows live account setup but the messaging app only seems to connect to facebook and not live messenger.

No it is there, I've been using it almost daily since I installed Mango. Perhaps try re-syncing your live account if you aren't seeing contacts.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I had to log into hotmail and re-invite my wife. She accepted and now we can chat again. Strange I had to do that. Looks like I have to reinvite all my friends I want to chat in messenger with.

I also have some apps that aren't remaining open and aren't receiving push notifications such as IM+, freetalk and govoice. I wonder if it's just an issue of waiting for the apps to get updated for mango?

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Now i'm in messenger again and she's logged into hotmail on the desktop. She can see i'm online but I can't see she's online from the phone.

I can however reply to her messages to me. It tells me she's offline but she's getting my messages.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe something on your desktop WLM is masking your status? If not hopefully someone else will pop in and help out since I'm out of ideas.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Useful tip about the Mac software - unlike an iPhone/iTunes, a sync is NOT the same as a backup. So when your phone is set up the way you like it, hook it up, go into device options and make a backup just in case.

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
congrats for having the courage to try new things, you're gonna have a great time with it, too bad there are not many people like you

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Not yet, but I will report back.

Anyone know why in office I can't see documents that are shared with me? On the website I can see the excel documents that my wife shares with me but on the phone I cannot.

where are the shared documents stored? if they're in a folder, make sure that folder has a folder type of 'document' (click the folder in your web browser, on the right side is an 'information' panel that shows this). To see a folder in WP Office viewing, it has to be a document type folder.

I had a similar issue, my 'favorites' folders were of type 'favorite' and don't show up in WP Office.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
where are the shared documents stored? if they're in a folder, make sure that folder has a folder type of 'document' (click the folder in your web browser, on the right side is an 'information' panel that shows this). To see a folder in WP Office viewing, it has to be a document type folder.

I had a similar issue, my 'favorites' folders were of type 'favorite' and don't show up in WP Office.

Well on the hotmail website they show up under my skydrive, on the left under quick views there is "docs shared with you" and that's where they are. The documents themselves exist on my wife's skydrive but are shared to me.

I can get them if I go to the website on my phone, just not within the office app itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3